Another Person Hit with a Bison

WCB

WKR
People need to start getting charged with child endangerment and hefty fines for these types of incidents. Hell IMO the best thing for the park would also be limit the admittance big time and charge more....

On another note has anyone seen the comments about how they are handling admittance due to the flooding issues and infrastructure damage? odd vs even number license plates on alternating days and people have the gall to to complain that they may have issues getting into due to their rental car plates or that large group may not be able to enter in together...wtf.

def90

WKR
I visited Yellowstone in the late 90's and one of the things they gave you when you entered was a single page yellow leaflet of a photo of a guy getting thrown 10 feet in the air by a bison.

People are just as stupid now as they ever have been.

FLATHEAD

WKR
People underestimate the power and speed of those things.
Was driving through once and got stuck in one of those traffic jams
when somebody sees something. Well, after a few minutes a Very Large
Bull Bison steps out of the woods next to our rather small rental car
and walked within a couple feet parallel with the car. That thing was HUGE.
My MIL in the back seat rolls down the window and starts huffing at it.
I told her to shut the he## up!!!! ,,,She's like "we're in the car, whats it
gonna do"? I told her that thing could prolly kill her in the back seat
and then flip the car over.

I visited Yellowstone in the late 90's and one of the things they gave you when you entered was a single page yellow leaflet of a photo of a guy getting thrown 10 feet in the air by a bison.

People are just as stupid now as they ever have been.
They were still giving out the yellow leaflet a few years ago. IIRC the guy has the camera with a neck strap dangling as he is launched.

Last edited: