another choose my pack kuiu, SG, Exo

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
i went and got the exo 4800. so far playing in my house I like it. seems more streamline and lighter than my kifaru fulcrum. Going to pack 55lbs with it maybe tonight.

Thanks for all the input! btw I am in alberta canada and this pack got here within a week....nice work! duties where another $50

madcalfe

WKR
i went and got the exo 4800. so far playing in my house I like it. seems more streamline and lighter than my kifaru fulcrum. Going to pack 55lbs with it maybe tonight.

Thanks for all the input! btw I am in alberta canada and this pack got here within a week....nice work! duties where another $50
cant really compare a fulcrum to a exo 4800 in terms of weight. lol thats like comparing a hockey bag to a school bag lmao. but hopefully the exo works for you!

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
just wanted to give an update.

I threw a 55lb bag of gravel in the pack, then hauled it up and down hills around my area for 5.5kms

nothing against kifaru but I found the Exo stayed on my back far better without sliding down. That being said I bought an extra lumbar shim due to having a pretty curvy lower back...without it I experienced a bit of slipping. With it none.

I still want to try a SG pack but this one will last me a long time I figure!

also, the exo mountain podcast is top notch so it was nice supporting them!

Thanks for everyone's help!

I loved my X-curve frame. Hate their bags. Just received my EXO 1800 w/lid this morning. Really liking it!!! Will test this week with weight to truly see. But so far 👍👍👍

Scooter90254

Lil-Rokslider
Both are great.

I would say it comes down to
EXO heavier and a little stiffer in the frame. Better for heavy loads
Kuiu Lighter and considerably more adjustable.

Just depends on what is most important to you.

Kuiu is quickly becoming the best pack value on the market.

The Kuiu is fine. It's probably the most innovative pack on the market. But, those 3/4" straps suck. And the gatekeepers suck. I don't get why they make a pack harder to use just to save a couple ounces.

dapesche

WKR
I loved my X-curve frame. Hate their bags. Just received my EXO 1800 w/lid this morning. Really liking it!!! Will test this week with weight to truly see. But so far
Same here. Just sold my stone glacier set up. I got sick and tired of trying to find gear hidden inside the big stuff sack that is there bags.

Frame was incredible so I know I'll miss it. Just needed a touch bit more organization.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
It seems the designs have all been shifting towards less compartments and one big vertical duffel. I know I prefer several outside pockets and at least one inside so I don't go gear fishing.
I was looking at Kifaru today, and was surprised they were all so similar. One big main compartment-maybe I'm missing something?

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a kuiu 5200 from another member on here and bought a 1850 for my frame and after a little modifying love the pack and carries weight very well and very comfortable imo, and the price was way under $200 and not retail price for used....

PA Hunter

WKR
Had the Stone Glacier 6900 just wasn’t happy with it switched to Kuiu 7800 and absolutely love everything about it. The bag I think is so well thought out and easy to use.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrAP