Another bino thread- is this deal too good to pass up?…or are the Mavens better?

MT_Fin

WKR
I know, I know, another bino thread but bear with me for a specific question instead of a vague “tell me the best out there”……..

I can grab a NIB pair of Leica Trinivid HD 10x42 for $675. For around that price, is this the set to get or should I look at other under $1k options? I have read a lot of iniut in other threads and some people love them, some hate them, some say better options for $1k out there. But I am wondering if the lower price offsets the competition?

I appreciate any/all input from you fine folks.

ETA: I saw that Maven has a GovX discount so B1.2’s can be had for a nice discount. I have heard a bunch of good about them as well

Last edited:
That’s a good price on the Trinovids. I have no experience with the HD’s but have a 25 year old set that is still my primary binoculars. I gave more than $675 then!,

Reed104R

Lil-Rokslider
That's a great price, but you can get Zeiss Conquest HD's for about the same money. Might be worth a comparison.

OP
MT_Fin

MT_Fin

WKR
I saw that Maven has a GovX discount so B1.2’s can be had for a nice discount. I have heard a bunch of good about them as well.

nobody

WKR
Maven makes great glass. But their magic lies in the B2 and B6 lines, and the high value C class lines. If entertaining maven, check out the B2 and B6’s. Their B6 line is the physical size of most 10x42’s but has 50mm objectives

Strider

Lil-Rokslider
Here's my 2 cents. I have the B 1.2s. I have had the leica ultravids. I have had the B2. I have also had B6s. I haven't tried the trinovids. This was my journey a couple springs ago.
I used the B2s for a few years. Awesome binos. They are quite large and heavy. I'm a 1 bino guy and hunt a lot of various terain and hunts so it got tiresome lugging them around when I really only needed a bino a couple times in a day.
The ultravids were nearly perfect in every way. Loved the warm glass, size, weight, diopter, but I got migraines when glassing. So that sucked.
Tried the B6. I really like the larger exit pupil. Yet apparently I have really narrow set eyes. And the design wouldn't let the barrels come close enough together. So I would always get the over lapping circles. Bummer.
So onto the B1.2s. They are great. Optically they are nipping at the heels of the SLCs and Ultravids I have used. Form factor is way nice than I expected. Having a compact handy set of binos is something I never new I would appreciate so much. My only complaint is the eye cups are loose and move in my chest rig. @MT_Fin if you are close to the Flathead valley and you want to try the b1.2s out pm me. If the maven discount they give to guides and outfitters is the same as govx then I would get a Maven binos. They are silly good binos for that much.

OP
MT_Fin

MT_Fin

WKR
Here's my 2 cents. I have the B 1.2s. I have had the leica ultravids. I have had the B2. I have also had B6s. I haven't tried the trinovids. This was my journey a couple springs ago.
I used the B2s for a few years. Awesome binos. They are quite large and heavy. I'm a 1 bino guy and hunt a lot of various terain and hunts so it got tiresome lugging them around when I really only needed a bino a couple times in a day.
The ultravids were nearly perfect in every way. Loved the warm glass, size, weight, diopter, but I got migraines when glassing. So that sucked.
Tried the B6. I really like the larger exit pupil. Yet apparently I have really narrow set eyes. And the design wouldn't let the barrels come close enough together. So I would always get the over lapping circles. Bummer.
So onto the B1.2s. They are great. Optically they are nipping at the heels of the SLCs and Ultravids I have used. Form factor is way nice than I expected. Having a compact handy set of binos is something I never new I would appreciate so much. My only complaint is the eye cups are loose and move in my chest rig. @MT_Fin if you are close to the Flathead valley and you want to try the b1.2s out pm me. If the maven discount they give to guides and outfitters is the same as govx then I would get a Maven binos. They are silly good binos for that much.
Thank you for the info. The discount is pretty good, I would imagine it’s the same. I have read the eye cup complaint a few times, I wear glasses and eye cups are always screwed down all the way for my use anyway. If I’m gonna be up that way I’ll hit you up.