Anchorage Outdoor Shooting Range

Heading up to Alaska later this week ahead of my first Dall sheep hunt!

Before I head into the mountains, I want to check my gun on paper after the long plane ride at an outdoor range in the Anchorage area. I'm guessing the Rokslide community will have some good recommendations. Thanks in advance!

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
There is the rabbit creek gun range in Anchorage, there is another about 30 min out of town in Birchwood, and another off Maud road that is almost an hour away.

AKBorn

WKR
Rabbit Creek Shooting Range on the south side of Anchorage is open from about 10 AM until evening; check the site, it is closed 2 days a week, but I believe it was Monday and Tuesday. 100 yard range. Check your scope at 25 yards first, learned that one the hard way years ago lol.

OP
bluemaroon
Thanks for the recommendations @AKBorn and @3Esski . I heard a few things about these ranges but wanted to check here on Rokslide.

Really appreciate it and I'll check them out before I head out to the mountains. Good luck on your hunts this year!

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Birchwood is members only (or members guests). MVS in Palmer, has a 100 yd outdoor range, is open Mon/Wed 6-9, Fri 12-5, Sunday 4-9.
Maud Road has a free open public range, closed on Wed and Sundays I think.