Ammo sale throttling

Wvroach

WKR
Our current administration seems poised to stop selling to the civilian market from the lake city mo plant.

This will pull over 30% of the current 5.56 ammo available out of the market. I'd suggest grabbing some extra ammo now, while you can. Ss109/ m855 will become hard to come by and I'm sure skyrocket in the coming days.

On a already low supply this is going to be very impactful to those of us who train or shoot frequently.

Our current administration seems poised to stop selling to the civilian market from the lake city mo plant.

This will pull over 30% of the current 5.56 ammo available out of the market. I'd suggest grabbing some extra ammo now, while you can. Ss109/ m855 will become hard to come by and I'm sure skyrocket in the coming days.

On a already low supply this is going to be very impactful to those of us who train or shoot frequently.
Where are you reading that?

It never hurts to have more but I was hoping to wait out a bit to get a better deal.

Where are you guys buying these days?

2531usmc

WKR
Is this Brandon deliberately trying to stop 556 from getting into the civilian market or is need for 556 greater in Ukraine to fight the ruskies?

the Ukrainian Army is transitioning away from Soviet era weapons and towards NATO standard. I would think the need for more 556 is acute

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
Where are you reading that?

It never hurts to have more but I was hoping to wait out a bit to get a better deal.

Where are you guys buying these days?

It is posted on a few other outlets as well. Not official yet, but most likely will happen.

It's tough to find already, PSA, sportsman's guide, global ordnance, midway USA are my usual go to stops online.

def90

WKR
I’ve read elsewhere that this is fake news and so far the only source for this is from a small right leaning web site.

Olin has a multi-year contract for running Lake City, Olin’s operating costs are based on producing and selling civilian ammo out of Lake City. Any change to that would require termination of the current contract and then the reopening of the bidding process for a new operator/contract.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
I’ve read elsewhere that this is fake news and so far the only source for this is from a small right leaning web site.

Olin has a multi-year contract for running Lake City, Olin’s operating costs are based on producing and selling civilian ammo out of Lake City. Any change to that would require termination of the current contract and then the reopening of the bidding process for a new operator/contract.
I hope you are right. It is posted on several sites. Not sure what you are calling small right leaning website. Nra ila is a pretty big website, same with the truth about guns.

Probably 2 of the biggest gun news websites their are. Also I never said this was happening 100% but when 99% of those sites post come to fruition it is something to look at.

To each their own though, it makes no difference to me if you stock up or not but some people may choose to do so. Rather wisely I'd add to that, even if it doesn't come true you are out nothing and prices are bound to increase.

frankly over the past two years manufacturers have been over-producing 223, 556, and 9mm because it uses less powder/brass/bullets and they can make easy money on it. it's time they got back to producing all the other calibers. turns out there's enough PMC 223 and 556 on the market for bass-case plinking ammo, and it's less expensive than lake city anyway...

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
Also 2 of the most currupt out there
Care to point out what TTAG has done that is corrupt? The NRA you get no argument from me on but the NRA ila is functioning as a separate part of the NRA. As a NRA life member and certified instructor I'll be the first to say the organization has needed a desperate change in leadership for a long time now.

Is the NSSF not considered credible in saying this is happening?

Are they lying because there's finally shelves full with overpriced 5.56 they want sold?

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
I'm really not sure as to how this is being portrayed as some sort of conspiracy theory. With 7n6 being banned and ss109/m855 being attempted to be banned before I'm not sure that it takes any sort of stretch of the imagination to believe that this administration would essentially ban ss109/m855 now by stopping civilian sales from the lake city plant.

As I said it really doesn't matter to me what you do, buy ammo or don't either way it is being reported by several organizations at this point and from multiple sources within the industry that the Biden administration has been in talks about it.

Curious to see who is reporting this as false information as stated above?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Voting has consequences.
Yes it does. Bigger consequences to our nation than what comes from a few younger nutjobs buying and using some guns. Some want to lower the voting age to 16, while at the same time raising the age for legal purchase and possession of semi-auto rifles to 21. So for voting (which has greater far-reaching consequences) they want to consider "the age of majority" or "adulthood" to be 16, but at the same time they want "the age of majority" or "adulthood" for gun ownership or possession to be 21.

"The age of majority" is defined as "the moment when minors cease to be considered such and assume legal control over their persons, actions, and decisions, thus terminating the control and legal responsibilities of their parents or guardian over them". You can't pick and choose what the age of majority is for different rights. The age of majority is what it is.......and then all rights fall to them at that age.........whatever that age is.

But here in Colorado it goes a step further. We already have laws here determining the age of majority as 18. Yet........I just took my 15yo daughter in for a camp physical this last week. They were still mandating masks, so I told her I'd wait in the truck. She called and said that I "have" to present with her. I went in, but without a mask. After the physical, the female Dr then went on to tell my daughter that under CO law, at 12 and above they can make an appt, come in on their own, and address such things as birth control, pregnancies, abortions, gender identity and reassignment, mental health, and some other things........but for a simple physical or anything else......a parent HAS to be with you. That seriously messed up CO law is a violation of their own "age of majority" law. Serious state and national consequences just from voting mistakes. And this kind of idiocy is running rampant all over the country. It's time to turn this train wreck around.....with logical voting decisions.

Bluto

WKR
That sound like a fun pro-bono lawsuit someone wanting to make a name for themselves might want to pick up.

fwafwow

WKR
Care to point out what TTAG has done that is corrupt? The NRA you get no argument from me on but the NRA ila is functioning as a separate part of the NRA. As a NRA life member and certified instructor I'll be the first to say the organization has needed a desperate change in leadership for a long time now.
I read it a couple places, including from FPC. I’ve been watching prices and haven’t noticed any changes yet.

I’ve never heard anything corrupt about TTAG, and I agree that NRA is a swamp. In December when I dug into the issue of NRA-ILA being separate, I could not find any basis for it operating separately or independently, and the recent book by Tim Mak indicates that there is no delineation (some don’t like it believe Mak though).

Separate question - is the Winchester M855 materially better than the other M855 options?

Rokbar

WKR
Yes it does. Bigger consequences to our nation than what comes from a few younger nutjobs buying and using some guns. Some want to lower the voting age to 16, while at the same time raising the age for legal purchase and possession of semi-auto rifles to 21. So for voting (which has greater far-reaching consequences) they want to consider "the age of majority" or "adulthood" to be 16, but at the same time they want "the age of majority" or "adulthood" for gun ownership or possession to be 21.

"The age of majority" is defined as "the moment when minors cease to be considered such and assume legal control over their persons, actions, and decisions, thus terminating the control and legal responsibilities of their parents or guardian over them". You can't pick and choose what the age of majority is for different rights. The age of majority is what it is.......and then all rights fall to them at that age.........whatever that age is.

But here in Colorado it goes a step further. We already have laws here determining the age of majority as 18. Yet........I just took my 15yo daughter in for a camp physical this last week. They were still mandating masks, so I told her I'd wait in the truck. She called and said that I "have" to present with her. I went in, but without a mask. After the physical, the female Dr then went on to tell my daughter that under CO law, at 12 and above they can make an appt, come in on their own, and address such things as birth control, pregnancies, abortions, gender identity and reassignment, mental health, and some other things........but for a simple physical or anything else......a parent HAS to be with you. That seriously messed up CO law is a violation of their own "age of majority" law. Serious state and national consequences just from voting mistakes. And this kind of idiocy is running rampant all over the country. It's time to turn this train wreck around.....with logical voting decisions.
I would have been hot as well for the FEMALE DR. putting out such info to MY daughter. CONTROL, CONTROL. That's what they want. Ammo for them but not for you!

Would you mind posting a link to where you read that it's fake news originating from a single source? I can't find anything that says that.