American made alternatives to the tikka ?

I am in the market for a rifle, Tikka's seem to be all the rage around here and rightfully so. I'd like to buy something American made, any ideas on other rifle brands with a similar performance and price?

Sorry, there is nothing made in America that I'm aware of, that can compete with the Tikka for value and build quality. I guess that's why all my rifles lately have been Tikka or Howa.

My first rifle was a Winchester, and I'd love to say Winchester made a rifle that can compete with Tikka or Howa at the same price, but they just don't. And sadly, it's really not even close.

The most accurate American made rifle for the dollar is either Savage or Ruger American. But neither of them are as well built or elegant as the Tikka. Of the two, I chose Savage rifles.

BjornF16

WKR
Barrett Fieldcraft, Kimber, Savage

Barrett doesn’t need any work; Kimber might need some fine tuning; Savage Ultralite looks good

I have never understood the Ruger American, it has to one of the ugliest rifles and fit and finish is bad. Don’t care at all for savage either, but that must be a Ford vs Chevy thing. A used Rem 700 is usually the best value for me. I have a Barrett Fieldcraft and a full custom but that price point is way higher

You can’t beat that smooth action though on the Tikka for the price! I do have one

Well the last sentence in his post would make one think he is looking for similar price and performance of a Tikka...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh yeah, well he's screwed.
Lol joke. Well kinda not joke
Honestly so were talking under $700
Geez Ruger American in a boys would be about it.
I'd say Christensen Mesa but that's a step up in price forsure.

hodgeman

WKR
Ruger American is made in USA. They look and feel cheap. Heck, they are cheap. Ruger can't have $100 tied up in the whole thing.

I've done work ups on a half dozen now...and they all shoot far better than their meager price tag would support. They are definitely not up to the level of a Tikka, but they are about half the money.

Superdoo

WKR
Browning's x-bolt line is produced in Japan. Weatherby has a plant they are building in Wyoming but currently their mark rifles are made in Japan as well. Depending on your price point there is Cooper, Kimber, Montana Rifle co, and more custom rifle makers than you can shake a stick at.

Edit: Also forgot to qualify my statement by saying my current 2 favorite rifles that get the most use are my tikka and browning HC speed.

Montana Rifle is shuttered. Apparently looking for new investors for retooling. At least according to their website.

eamyrick

WKR
Find a local rifle builder and source the components yourself. Find a decent Remington action and go from there. You will spend twice at much but with the options out there now you can probably get it done for $1500. I have found that it is getting harder and harder to get something on a firearm fixed by a knowledgeable smith as they are going away with everyone buying from big box and sending it in for warranty for the slightest issue. If you are anywhere near Central Texas I highly recommend Tumbleweed Customs.

Low cost custom would be Remington Action with old Remington trigger.B&C or Grayboe stock. Decent barrel. Go from there.

Fatcamp

WKR
We have a couple Savage rifles that shoot really well.

Boyd's stock on one of them, but there are lighter more expensive options.

RCB

WKR
As someone who has only owned one rifle (Savage 11), I don’t really understand what it means when someone says that the Tikka is so great. I’ve handled one at the store; there is a stock, a barrel, a bolt, and a trigger - like all the rest. You run the action like any other gun, aim it like any other gun, pull the trigger like any other gun. I guess I just haven’t developed whatever sense it is that allows people to distinguish quality. Maybe that’s a good thing: I’m not tempted to spend more money on something I already have.

This is just my humble opinion, Tikkas are ugly and feel “cheap”. Tikka fanboys are obnoxious...

MSRP on a Tikka T3x SuperLight is $929 for a 6# rifle.

MSRP on a Kimber Hunter is $973 for a <6# rifle.

MSRP on a Christensen Arms Mesa is $1295 for a >6# rifle.

MSRP on a Barret Fieldcraft is $1810 for <6# rifle.

MSRP on a Winchester Extreme Weather SS is $1399 for a >6# rifle.

MSRP on a Savage 110 Ultralite is $1499 for a <6# rifle.
Proof carbon barrel and threaded...

MSRP on a Savage 110 Lightweight Storm is $759 for a <6# rifle.

MSRP on a Mossberg Patriot Synthetic Cerakote is $454 for a
My cousin in AK bought one of these for his wife and it is a really great carrying and shooting rifle, I have borrowed it hunting and I can’t say enough good things about Mossberg.

Lots of haters on here, but I love my Savage in 25-06 and it’s killed plenty of antelope and mule deer with one shot of factory ammo and a Leopold 4-12x40. Also have a Ruger Hawkeye FTW in 6.5 that is badass - but that’ll run a little more money. I’ve got maybe 20 long guns, including a Tikka (that is also pretty damn sweet).