Am I hurting my bikini frame?

G

geriggs

So I just got a rambler and wanted to find a way to attach bag to frame from top with meat or dry bag in load shelf. Normally the G hooks work fine when nothing is in load shelf. U can't use g hooks when something is in load shelf so I used buckles

Anyways my question is, am I hurting the bikini frame by latching these buckles from the top and making them tight which in turn makes the stays arch rear ward or towards the bag. I want to make sure I'm not stressing them too much. I know they are built like brick Sh!t houses but I don't want to put any more stress on them than what they may get when 60-80 pounds is loaded on there.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 196
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 181

dotman

WKR
That is how the top of the cargo panel attaches. Are your stays aluminum or composite? I don't think my composite stays would bend that far back but I usually don't tighten the top points really tight. Also if the pack was on your back your load lifter straps would be pulling them back towards you.

Also your top straps just need to be snug after you really tighten down all the side straps. I would snug the top straps last and by the looks of the pics tighten the side straps much more.

Last edited:
OP
G

geriggs

I didn't have the side straps compressed a nearly as tight as I could have.

OP
G

geriggs

They are attached at top of bag so there is not much compression of bag. That's happens with side compression straps

Still trying to sort the Rambler out in my head so thanks for the response. What is the other end of the vertical compression strap(s) connected to on the bottom end? (After it passes between the dry bag and pack?)

OP
G

geriggs

They are connected to some tab loops on back of bag