Alps outdoorz hybrid x

I am new to the forum and was sent here by some friends that have been going out west (from NY) to hunt mule deer. I have been researching packs as I have been convinced that dragging deer is more of a pain than it is actually worth. I am looking for a pack that is simple enough to carry into a tree stand 1-4 miles in, pack out meat and gear/extra clothes, and be durable to last for years to come. I also do quite a bit of still hunting once the gun season rolls around and who knows how far I may end up from my truck. Through all of my research, the kifaru 22 mag pack has really perked my interest, but don't have the money for one (yet). I stumbled up the alps outdoorz hybrid x and it has really perked my interest. The 2700 cu inch pack along with the capabilities to haul meat out seems too good to be true. I have also read great reviews on most of the companies packs and the customer service seems to be pretty good.

Does anyone else have any experience with this company and their packs? The hybrid x just came out in June so I am no expecting full reviews on it, but any opinions are greatly appreciated!

No experience with it; but do some searching on the forum and go through the backpacks forum - you will see that, that pack/brand, doesn't get brought up often.

If there is no rush to buy the bag - say you aren't coming out till next year. I'd save the money and buy the kifaru you want, or a stone glacier, or a mystery ranch, or an exo.

EZDoesit

FNG
My hunting buddy ordered one a couple months ago. He was in a similar situation. Unfortunately all I can tell you at this point is that I tried it on and it was comfortable and seemed well thought out in the design. Construction looked ok for the price, but only time will tell. Hopefully we’ll know how it handles a pack out this fall! I own Mystery Ranch and HPG packs which I love but I think the Hybrid X ought to get you by.

Or SeekOutside - (I personally have a kifaru and don't have any experience with the others). I will more than likely be picking up a SG at some point for weight restricted type hunts. Food for thought

You aren’t going to get much love for the ALPS brand here. It’s the home of technical hunting clothing g and packs. And you simply aren’t cool unless your kit costs the same as a guided elk hunt.

With that said, I run an alps pack for sometime. They are great packs for the money. Are they as good as my Kifaru? No they aren’t. Nor are they as comfortable. But, they do work and work well. Personally, after owning both, I’d save my money and buy the Kifaru. But, if I ended up with the Alps, I’d use it confidently. God Bless

OP
S
So far this is some great information. I have looked around on this site quite a bit but spending $5 or $600 for me right now is not in the chips. If I had the money, I would definitely go with a kifaru or SG based on the reviews and research, but right now I am just looking for an eastern pack for the mountains and hills of NY and likely an out of state whitetail hunt on public land.

Thanks again everyone for their opinion!

BigMuleyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't used that pack in particular but I have used the commander pack from Alps. It is a great pack for the money ( I think I payed $75). I still use it to pack bear bait with. It rides in the back of my truck all hunting season as a backup or for a friend to use if need be. I recently purchased and EXO and it is vastly different, but so was the price haha. I think for your intended purpose you will be just fine with the alps.