All set for Saturday 4/27 opener.. >>>------------<

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Well Saturday is the opening of the Pa turkey season and I'm all pumped.. Got two great spots I've been scouting that I've seen gobblers at almost every time I've been there. Shot the bow a few minute's ago and it shooting great. Tomorrow going to put my pack together with all the stuff I need for a over night stay. No Sunday or past noon hunting in Pa. But after the first 2 weeks the season opens up all day.. Don't need much gear for a over nighter, water some food, bag and sleep pad. The weather looks clear for Friday night so far. So I'll be hunting out of my blind and sleeping in it. Going to go in Friday night try to roost a bird. When it gets dark try to move in close setup the blind, close up the windows and start to read a good book or surf on the net on my phone, I got 3 batteries for it... :) I've done this many of times and never scared a bird. Many of times I can get the blind and decoys setup only 60-70 yds from them in the dead of dark... Tonight I'm going to put my broadheads on my arrows. I'll be shooting rocket hammmerheads, they open up to 2 inches' Killed alot of birds with them. Gear list, headlamp, pack, blind, decoys hen and jake, sleeping bag, sleep pad, water, some food, binoculars, rangefinder and about 6 or 8 diff types of calls. I feel good about this setup I'll have Saturday morning... I know that spot well..

Last edited:
OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Fever,, smoking!!! Live,,, Clifford 20 miles Northeast of Scranton. Right by Elk Mtn Ski Center

DIY

WKR
I think your the closest rokslider to me. Not to many PA guys here

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks JNDEER,,, DIY,,, We need to start a thread finding how many of us are from Pa.We can start our own Pa Rokslide cult. :)

cburns17

FNG
Best of luck. It sounds like you've done your due diligence in preparation for this weekend. I've seen where that broadhead put a softball-sized hole through a deer; it should do a number on a turkey.

OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Cburns17,, When out scouting tonight. 4/24/13. About 200 yards where I'm going to sneak in Friday night their was 6 turks in a last years corn field. 2 were gobblers. Sunday night their was turks there also
So I'm feeling good about Saturday morning. That at least their are turkeys close and
the two last sighting have been close to dark. So I don't think they are roosting to far away.

Last edited:
OP
Teeton

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen where that broadhead put a softball-sized hole through a deer; it should do a number on a turkey.

Here is the hole from an Idaho bird last weekend... Devastating, you can be confident that no turkey will get away if you shoot them with a Hammerhead!! We also used some HUGE 2 Blade heads from Vortex and Deadringer... Crazy holes, just as good as this one.

attachment.php