Alberta moose hunt, fly or drive?

Hey all,
Buddy and I booked a moose hunt the first week of November with an outfitter.
We originally planned to drive out from Colorado and back, but I'm wondering if other options exist based on the time it will take us to drive (24 hours of actual drive time).
We could fly in, but unsure then of how to get the meat back if successful.
Does anyone know decent options such as air cargo that might be reasonable and reliable?
Any advice regarding meat transport would be much appreciated.

Hunting the peace valley area of anyone had driven there.

Thanks in advance!

jasonhul

Lil-Rokslider
Moose hunted the Cold Lake area last November, so east side of Alberta. Two of us drove from ND in a pick up with a bed camper while towing a Uhaul trailer. We picked up another guy in Edmonton who flew in from Dallas. We were able to find camp grounds that were still open to sleep for the nights during travel. But you could always find a hotel if needed. Trailer used for gear, coolers, etc. both there and back. Worked great for our needs. We drove because time allowed, like to drive, and enjoyed the country and people. If little time, consider flying. Think through the logistics and how you will potentially be getting that much meat and antlers home.

Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Moose hunted the Cold Lake area last November, so east side of Alberta. Two of us drove from ND in a pick up with a bed camper while towing a Uhaul trailer. We picked up another guy in Edmonton who flew in from Dallas. We were able to find camp grounds that were still open to sleep for the nights during travel. But you could always find a hotel if needed. Trailer used for gear, coolers, etc. both there and back. Worked great for our needs. We drove because time allowed, like to drive, and enjoyed the country and people. If little time, consider flying. Think through the logistics and how you will potentially be getting that much meat and antlers home.

Good luck and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply! We'll be starting at the lodge. Assuming we can simply drive back with coolers of meat if we have out tags. Just unsure if other options exist

Grizz208

FNG
After seeing how crazy this last week has been with flights I'd be nervous to fly.