Alaska - where to start?

There is no draw in British Columbia.

That would be my first pick. That and most areas can be driven to. Especially those near Cranbrook.

Cost will be similar.

Northern BC and the Yukon goat hunts and SE Alaska goat hunts will be more expensive. Especially boat based hunts.
Have you hunted the area or have outfitter recommendations, also curious of costs comparative to the other regions. Thanks.

I just returned from my hunt with Ed Toribio at Primo Expeditions. I can’t say enough good things about Ed and his team. The weather was really tough but harvested a great 10 year old billy.

Attachments

• D12EB2F0-9165-4812-9658-17691A52B337.jpeg
    D12EB2F0-9165-4812-9658-17691A52B337.jpeg
    428.1 KB · Views: 39

Clarktar

WKR
I am booked to hunt with Lonesome Dove Outfitters for this september. Dennis seems to run a very successful archery goat hunt. I couldn't find one negative review on his outfit. I was looking at Kodiak because of the cost but my buddy was already booked with Dennis so I chose to go with him. Im not sure I would wait 5 or 6 years to go if you can finically justify it now. Seeing the current rates going up for goats who knows what they will be at then.
Did you already go on this hunt?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
I just returned from my hunt with Ed Toribio at Primo Expeditions. I can’t say enough good things about Ed and his team. The weather was really tough but harvested a great 10 year old billy.
Stud!!! Nice job.

Did you already go on this hunt?

I did, we were there sept 15-20. Had some unfortunate weather and mix that with a new pilot flying out of Anchorage and we lost the first 4 days waiting for the weather to lift. Once out on the mountain the trip was great. I have nothing but good things to say about the fella that guided me. I killed a nice 6.5 year old 9 inch Billy the second day on mountain. Ended up shooting it him with the guides rifle. We had seen a total of 7 goats accessible to use from spike camp and when we got around to them on the second day 5 of them were together. That left a nanny and kid on there own somewhere. With the lost days and 5 goats together in the basin I wasn't willing to attempt a stalk with a rifle, knowing if something went wrong there were no alternative goats to make a play on. The shot with a rifle was anti climatic, they aren't particularly smart animals and seem to never look up. Shot was 200 yards on of the small billies got up and walked around and bedded on a snow pack 100 yards below us. Once spooked though they became very aware of everything around them. Somehow in the ridge top we got cell service back, i was able to facetime with my kids while walking up to the goat, not a typical experience i get to share with them. They ar 4 and 6 so a couple yearsore before they can join on the mountain adventures. I would absolutely go on a goat hunt if you get the opportunity but as a guided hunt it's not something I will do twice. If your on the fence about going I would find somewhere and book now as looking at prices it seems goats made a jump into the 18-21k range for 2024

Attachments

• 22005.jpeg
    22005.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230919_121919.jpg
    20230919_121919.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 24