Alaska moose hunting

Hello,
I was hoping to maybe gather some advice or recommendations on hunting either the Yukon river or the south fork koyukuk. My Dad is coming up this year and his dream has been to kill a nice bull. I know ultimately he don’t much care as it’s just spending time with me and the grandkids is all he cares about but I still wanna make his dream a reality. We have mostly hunted the yentna river and though we have had some luck a few years ago it’s getting harder and harder to connect. I don’t have the ability to get up north very easy to launch and scout areas out. I was hoping maybe someone could just give me some friendly advice on which river would be better and if there’s and swamps or rivers I should be looking into where I can get my airboat into and away from some of the pressure. Issue is I’m pretty limited to distance I can travel with the airboat. Pretty limited to like 150miles or so round trip which I know makes it tough. Can anyone please give me any advice, where you would go as far as your main focus. If not I’ll probably focus on the lower yentna again, hopefully the big pack of wolves moved on that’s got everything messed up on the lower end the last couple years.

cardiac5

Lil-Rokslider
Both will have lots of airboats. Depends how far you get off the river. Cover lots of ground and find the lakes that feed into the river so you can float one out to the river if possible. We always float and hike. I can’t sit on the river and call, I like getting up high and glassing too much. I’ll be at home with the newborn this year. Buddies fly up tomorrow for moose. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk