Alaska airlines question

Djacker

WKR
Anyone know if AA enforced there one set of antlers per flight rule this year? I have a trip planned for next year, flying out of Anchorage. Need to get some details worked out. I'm looking into become a known shipper, seems like a waste for 1 trip. Also know about alaska trophy express. Thanks

bmrfish

WKR
Flying home from Bethel this year, my buddy got his checked in right when they opened and was told that was the one and only for that flight. They were split and wrapped. Don’t know what happened beyond that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdmaxwell

WKR
My suggestion is go Known shipper way.
Able to ship horns back whole if you want a European mount.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I second this. Our pilots wife was a known shipper so I was able to ship my horns and 300 pounds of meat air cargo frozen freight from our hub village to Kansas City for $550
I third it…become a known shipper.

As a resident that’s easier to say, but Alaska Air Cargo has never let me down. I’ll be using them in a month for black tail on Prince of Wales Island (out of Ketchikan)…hopefully!

OP
D

Djacker

WKR
Thanks for the update guys. I called for a site visit quote today but they weren't open. My dad and I are hunting together, it would be nice to have all of our meat/ antlers ship together.

Voyageur

WKR
Read the information on it on their website Alaska Air Cargo
When I initiated the process 3 years ago the process itself was not difficult at all. The hangup for me was my location. Because I live 5 hours from the nearest Alaska Air Cargo hub the interview process to become a known shipper would have cost me $600+ just to have someone come to my house for an inspection. To their credit they looked for a less expensive work around, but found none.
For me it makes more sense to once a year use the services of Nick Ploesser at Alaska Trophy Expediters.
Hope this helps.
Edit:
I did not mean to respond to @jdmaxwell but rather to @PA Hunter