Alabama outfitter suggestions (and who to avoid), please

OP
Lou (Louis)
Are you looking for a high fence or free range?
Not sure how I stand on high fence, TBH. If it's small acreage high fenced, then probably not. If it's hundreds of acres high fenced, then I guess that would be ok.
Info on both, I guess, please.

kcruz

FNG
Personally high fence isn't my thing, but I don't knock anyone for doing it. Especially when you consider that a lot of the hunting done in AL is done out of a shooting house where you are waiting for a deer to come to your feeder anyways.

For free range Westervelt used to have a place that they would set you up in a lodge for the night and drop you off at a stand in the morning. I can look it up and send you a link if they are still currently doing it. There are also plenty of people that will let you hunt on their land for a few hundred dollars a day. Not sure how well that works out though.

For high fence, Soggy Bottom in Linden would be the place IMO. I believe in total he has ~1500-2000 acres. You will pay a good bit of money (for me at least), but its a top tier place. The lodges are like a resort and everything is provided. The guy that manages the place is a really good guy too. They have good fishing and bird hunting too.

I'm sure there are other options and I will ask around to see if anyone I personally know has any feedback about them.

I would also strongly consider just going on a DIY public land hunt. There are some great deer on public and there are lots of options. I am by no means an expert, but I killed my biggest buck on public land here. I will help you any way I can if you decide to go that route.

OP
Lou (Louis)
Personally high fence isn't my thing, but I don't knock anyone for doing it. Especially when you consider that a lot of the hunting done in AL is done out of a shooting house where you are waiting for a deer to come to your feeder anyways.

For free range Westervelt used to have a place that they would set you up in a lodge for the night and drop you off at a stand in the morning. I can look it up and send you a link if they are still currently doing it. There are also plenty of people that will let you hunt on their land for a few hundred dollars a day. Not sure how well that works out though.

For high fence, Soggy Bottom in Linden would be the place IMO. I believe in total he has ~1500-2000 acres. You will pay a good bit of money (for me at least), but its a top tier place. The lodges are like a resort and everything is provided. The guy that manages the place is a really good guy too. They have good fishing and bird hunting too.

I'm sure there are other options and I will ask around to see if anyone I personally know has any feedback about them.

I would also strongly consider just going on a DIY public land hunt. There are some great deer on public and there are lots of options. I am by no means an expert, but I killed my biggest buck on public land here. I will help you any way I can if you decide to go that route.
Wow, thank you!
Will keep you posted.