Akek climax review

Trapyotes

FNG
I am one of the lucky winners that received a new Akek climax pack. It took me this long to do a review because I wanted it to be thorough, not like some product reviews for say “ just received it today and first impressions are great . Give it 5 stars” seriously. A little about myself to further add authenticity to the comments. I hunted, backpacked, and trapped for the last 48 years and I had all kind of contraptions and designs on my back. I started with a wooden frame and a canvas pack attached, through the 80’s it was Gregory, Dana design, Lowe alpine , canoe packs,and so on to todays 21st century designed packs. I usually hunt solo and this year at 59 I packed a few black tail out of kodiak island solo. Getting to the Akek I did multiple trips with it. Today I just finished a steep two day scouting trip to locate a spike camp location. The pack had about 40lbs in it for all trips. All packs perform great while walking around your living room and many perform well on flat ground This pack performed great on steepnesses that I could reach out and touch the surface with my hand while standing straight.It performed well going down and side hilling. Some may think it’s heavy. I don’t care if my loaded pack is 84lbs or if It’s 81. I don’t think anyone can tell the difference. Add 3 lb to my rifle or longbow and I got an issue. Okay, if you want to know about zippers,how many pockets and so on , you can find that out on your own.The pack rides nice , just make sure you got it setup to your fit. It rode nice in steep terrain. I can’t wait to use the novel idea of the quick release on the rifle. On scale of one to ten. Which I never had a ten, today I give it a eight. Which in my terms is a pretty good pack. No I didn’t have a hundred pound of meat in it for the review but I will in September.

Attachments

• A31D78FB-C7A5-47B5-BBB1-7F81D9941D13.jpeg
    A31D78FB-C7A5-47B5-BBB1-7F81D9941D13.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: 9.1
OP
T

Trapyotes

FNG
A little more insight on packs. On day in the terracotta mountains of Alaska I was admiring my Dall sheep ram and by accident kicked my pack off a sheer cliff. The zippers opened up and lost all my gear and food and water. The packs shoulder strap hang up on a rock and when I scaled down to retrieve it the only thing in a small pouch was my license. Good thing my knife was in my pants pocket. We can send a man to the moon but can’t make zippers to stay shut When I got home I sold the pack on eBay. Spent the night in the arctic with my lower body in a emptied out pack of over a 100 liters because my native guide forgot to get me that night. A fellow from Texas asked him the next morning why my sleeping bag was empty the next morning then he remembered me. If you need more info on the packs PM me because I am only reviewing the Akek in a public arena.