Aftermarket stock for Model 7/Tikka 7-08

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
Hi,

I currently own two Model 7 in cartridges 7-08 & 7 saum. They are handy little rifles, both now have 20" barrels. I have been considering getting a Manners EH8 for the 7-08 and seeing how I like it. I am also a fan of Tikka rifles, I don't own one in 7-08 but I am considering picking one up and putting Manners on it. What would the equivalent be for the Tikka, The EHT/EHTA?

Do you guys have any other comments or suggestions? The rifle would mostly be used for close-quarter still hunting deer. I have a Sako Finnlight 7-08 that usually gets the nod, but I have been thinking of trying something new.

Cheers,

Lots of after market stocks you can go with. Lately I have liked AG composites. The old stand bys in HS precision and Bell and Carlson are better than factory stocks and a good value in time and money.

(Manners and McMillan will cost twice as much and take months- year to receive)

OP
P

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Maybe a B&C would be worthwhile, I’m just drawn to the Manners for whatever reason.

Maybe that EH8 is a little lighter than a B&C or HS precision stock but beyond that I really just don't see the point in ponying up big $ for a stock like the EH8 that's designed to be light and nice to carry rather than nice to shoot.

Reactions: FLS

landon509

FNG
I have picked up a Stocky’s stock carbon stock with the vertical grip. 23 ounces, and doesn’t require bedding if you don’t want to.

Something else to keep in mind is that Manners only inlets a few of their stocks for Tikkas. I believe it is just the EHT and EH1TK.