Advice on new tikka configuration

T.C

FNG
Im wanting a ctr or to rebarell a practically new 7mm-08 sl lite I have or may sell it. I'm leaning 223 as I have a 223 lite compact already for my kids and it kills with the authority I need here in north Florida. If not 223 then 6.5 which would be where the rebarrel comes in wanting a little heavier barrel than a lite. No one I've found yet relatively close does it and I'd rather not tackle it as I've heard they can be a chore and I'd probably screw up action. Figured I'd ask the slide. Leaning towards selling 7mm-08 and going 223 ctr 20in and probably dropping in krg bravo. Will be a all around target/ stand hunter with hogs and yotes occasionally. Also I don't handload and not gonna start anytime soon if ever. Any advice it'd greatly appreciated!

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
While it's true getting a Tikka (or any) factory barrel off can be a chore, one of the benefits of the action is that it accepts pre-fit barrels. That might not be of value/interest if you're not willing to buy some basic (and expensive) tools to make that work in your favor. However, being able to re-barrel a rifle in your garage is pretty convenient.

If you're dead set on off loading your 7mm-08, you'll likely come out ahead selling/trading for the caliber you want if it's just a one time thing, especially if you're not gonna burn it out.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
I believe the stock barrel ctr will be plenty accurate for my purposes and will be cheaper in long run which is more to put towards glass.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
Probably just gonna sell the 7mm-08 and buy a ctr 20in just undecided on caliber. Already have the 223 lite so not sure I want another 223 or 6.5 or 308. The 223 will do all I need probably but wouldn't be a bad idea having a bigger caliber I rekon

PNWGATOR

WKR
Send it to Shaen Magan and have him turn it into a 22cm CM if you’re serious about having more rifle. If you want even more, the 6mm CM would offer the option of solid factory ammo.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
I don't really need all that man our deer are small just unsure I only want one caliber ya know. But that's not a bad thing I guess.

I'd recommend a 223 if you're going to sell the 7-08. You might have issues finding a .223 CTR though.

6CM is another great option if you decide to rebarrel since you're using factory ammo.