ACR Bivy Stick vs Garmin Mini 2 vs Zoleo

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience with the Bivy Stick? After doing my research, the Bivy Stick seems like the best fit for me but the REI reviews don't seem too positive. I mainly want one for an emergency beacon similar to a PLB which I use to carry until it became obsolete. The main downfall of a personal location beacon is that I want the ability to let someone know that I'm fine but will be late or other non-emergency situation. I won't be sending a bunch of texts and don't need another navagation item. I did a little figuring between the Bivy and Mini2 as far as plans both 6 mos and yearly. The bivy is a little cheaper and does carry over unused credits which sounds nice, battery life is longer with the bivy and upfront cost is less with the bivy. I didn't really lood into the Zoleo much so can't compare there. Sorry for the long post and maybe I'm overthinking so just wanted some actual experience.

Ratspit

FNG
I've had both the Mini and Bivy. Both work well. I think the monthly plan on the Bivy is a better deal than the Mini. I also had some interface issues with my Android phone and the Mini that Garmin was unable to resolve. If you are using one of these devices to communicate with the outside world then either works. If you are going to use it to text and locate other hunters in your party, while in the field, then make sure everyone is running the same units. I found out that my Bivy could not communicate directly with my buddy's Mini and vice versa.