A sentimental .260 Terminator

To keep a long story short, when I was 18 I was gifted a late 90's model remington 700 chambered in 30-06 by my grandfather. This rifle has sat in the safe and collected dust really since I was given it. Not because I didn't like it, just didn't fill any sort of roll for me. I already had my go to rifle that was much handier in a treestand ( ruger hawkeye compact chambered in .260 rem). When I started my journey in to long range shooting I went straight to the big 30's and 33's and by-passed my 30-06 in the safe.

Well its been eating at me that I don't use the rifle and I desperately want to turn it into something that would be 1st in line inside the safe. After talking myself into and out of the idea multiples time I finally reached out to Shawn at Defensive Edge.

After speaking with Shawn for about half an hour, we devised a plan to give this project some life.

Hoping to keep the total hunt ready package around 9-10lbs with the optic.

Build list is as follows:
•R700 Donor action
•24"-26" #4 fluted Hart barrel
•HS Precision Pro stock & bottom metal
•Bix and Andy trigger
•Ti pro brake

I'll top it with a Zeiss v4 conquest 6-24x50 with a NightForce 20 MOA rail

We spoke briefly about how to throat the rifle and I believe we are going to throat it for the 156 berger. Shawn said to expect 2900+ with a 156 and 3k+ with the 140's.

Got the okay from the Mrs, so we are full steam ahead. 3 more weeks of travel with work then the barreled action is on its way to Idaho.

To say I'm excited is an understatement.

bullnose

FNG
That sounds pretty freakin' cool to me. .260 Remington is an effective and underrated cartridge. Please post pics when the project is completed.

OP
G
That sounds pretty freakin' cool to me. .260 Remington is an effective and underrated cartridge. Please post pics when the project is completed.
Will do

.260 rem is by far my favorite cartridge.

.260 terminator is a hot rodded 260 rem. Pushes a 140 class projectile at or above 3000fps so it rivals the 6.5 prc. Look up defense edges website for the cartridge break down its pretty slick.

DRUSS

WKR
Like the sounds of this. Keep us updated on progress and how it ends up shooting. 260 seems so underrated?????? But such a good choice, IMO

B23

WKR
Shawn and his dad Bob are awesome people! They've built me numerous rifles and they do all my work. Their turn around time is the fastest of any smith I've ever used. Shawn's 260 Terminator is one of his personal favs and I'm positive you will be very happy with whatever they build you.