A review of the British Military Satchel

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
Got a couple of these from a surplus store awhile back and have been using one on our hikes around the cabin. I go a lot of places with my kids and I’m sometimes giving one of them a ride on my back so I wanted something to carry a bit of water and snacks that wasn’t a backpack.

Sometimes a backpack is too much for a quick hunt and I am thinking about keeping this in the truck for hunts where I don’t need to grab everything.

This thing is awesome! For $20 it’s made far better than USA surplus gear. It comes with 2 side MOLLE pouches already attached that are really neat in that they collapse down if not filled up all the way. The main compartment has 2 pockets and elastic straps. I carry a Mora, a Silky PocketBoy, water, multitool, and poncho in there. There’s some medical gear in one MOLLE pouch and some light survival gear (lighter, paracord, compass, and water tablets) in the other.

There’s a waist strap that tucks away, zippers to help you access the inside better, gussets that expand if you want to shove a jacket in there, etc. It’s a really well thought out satchel!

This thing is darn near perfect! Carries a day hike’s worth of snacks and water no problem!

T1Y6lgG_d.webp

zf3Yket_d.webp

57UawAE_d.webp

3QxUwiw_d.webp