A new update to the classified rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDawg

FNG
Thanks for the clarification. I am that new guy who just joined. Was looking for information on the rule, and found it. No worries surfing around and making comments/asking questions. Just wish I had found this site before now.
Take care, stay safe!

I have found taking the time to explore and make posts has been a really good opportunity to learn about the site and what is available to me for increasing my hunting knowledge (so far read about binos, boots, rangefinders, hunting in CO just to name a few). There are a lot of people here who have a lot of experience and insight, which I appreciate. I have not minded the requirement in order to access all areas of the classifieds. However, having the option for people to pay certainly provides another venue.

Samsam

FNG
Truthfully as someone new to the site I think it’s a great idea. I really only became a member instead of a casual observer to get access to the classifieds, but now that I’ve actually spent some time looking through the forums I realize what a great resource this site is.

jKsled

Lil-Rokslider
It's funny, when I joined it was for the classifieds. Thinking I would buy tons, I got to 9 messages and stopped. I spent more time reading the forums, articles and thoughts of what other members are planning, and couldn't care less about the classifieds. I don't need new gear, I need more tags and more knowledge on hunting better. $50 might be to cheap IMO. Save the money newbies, share some knowledge and experiences.
Similar story here - this has been a great resource!

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
New member here even though I’ve lurked for a while. I have no issue with the 7day rule or 10 posts, and I’m one who uses the classifieds on almost every site I’m on from time to time. IMO the minimum post count should be more like 25.

I have gotten routed here in the past while searching elsewhere for items. Found them here but couldn’t buy... not really a big deal. My fault for not joking sooner! It’s just as important to be a part of the community and contribute to it(by $ or input, or both).

Not only does this rule help contribute to the site, it also keeps scammers away(or at a minimum).
Heck, I used to be a moderator on a gun site that you had to pay a membership just to see what’s in the classifieds, much less post ads in it... we got complaints everyday from new members, but you know what we didn’t get? scammed. That site has since been changed to exactly what we have here with post count and waiting period and has worked pretty well so far.

Jdubb518

FNG
We have been asked over and over again for a way to bypass the ten post, seven day wait period to use the classifieds and PM's. You can now pay to play, its a one time fee of $50.00. Yeah, it's expensive, but we would rather you be part of the Rokslide community not just here to buy and sell. Here is a link to the classified rules with a link to the buy-in at the bottom:

It sucks its so expensive but I get it. I would totally pay it if i find something for a good enough deal though!

Skip_Dog

FNG
I think the buy in rule is an option for the right deal. I am new. This is my first post and I am cheap. So I can wait 10 days and I am sure I can find something to reply/post about 9 more times. Thanks for the forum. I look forward to being part of it. I found this site while doing some research for an upcoming hunt and like it. Thanks again.

RLam

FNG
Makes sense and as mentioned weeds out those that don't support the entire site

Bums me out a bit that there’s a need for this mandate. I 100% understand and appreciate this move as I will be selling a pack (or trying to anyway) on day 7. I just hate that there’s people out there that take advantage of others in the hunting world.

Status
Not open for further replies.