A lot of love for Tikka around here.

Encore4me

FNG
Hunted all my life and have read even more. I had heard of Tikka but never as much as I have since joining here. I have never even held a Tikka rifle but I think it may be my next. Is it a regional thing? I live in SE Ohio and they are just not around my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the same for me . I never knew anyone who owned one in ETX but I bought one in 6.5 prc for hunting out west , now im a believer .

Can't say anything about the new models but back in 2003 when they hit the market we bought a $hit load of them and if i remember correctly the T3s were around $3-400 and we still have them laying around all the outbuildings and I think there is one on every tractor & pickup on the ranch. Back then they were hard to beat for the money & by the sounds of it most people still feel the same way.

B23

WKR
Tikka makes a solid very good shooting rifle at a price point that is very hard to beat, especially, when you take into consideration how well they, most generally, shoot right out of the box. Their stocks, on most models, maybe isn't the most appealing but that's an easy fix if you ever decide to upgrade the stock to an aftermarket one.

gerry35

WKR
I’ve not experienced this with any Tikka.

I have had extended Tikka magazines that need the spring stretched.
Thanks for that info, I was wondering why my extended mag was having problems and this seems to have fixed it. Other than that I have never had any issues with a Tikka not feeding well with the 3 round mags. They have been accurate and dependable rifles for us.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got my first one in 2008/9, it was a stainless one from sportsman’s that was like 339.00 out the door. I knew it was a. I’ve rifle but didn’t think much of it. Now I have 3 of them.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
I've had maybe 6 of them. Never had a jam with factory mags. I put one in an MPA chassis using Accurate Magazine .308 mags. My buddy said it felt like it was feeding on ball bearings. I have one in a KRG Bravo using CTR mags right now. Feeds great.

ljalberta

WKR
Bought my first back in 2011 or 2012. Although it seems like they’re nearly doubled in price since, they’re still the best value option in my books. I’ve got two more since.

Never had a jam with factory mags.

JP100

WKR
America has been slow to jump on on the Tikka boat haha. The rest of us have been using them since they were invented haha.

They do have some down falls, but very hard to beat for value for money and reliability

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
It's basically a tried and true Sako bolt action rifle that they introduced at a very affordable price point. This was there "in" for the "lower end" market and has since taken off. Sakos have been doing the same thing for decades (shoot any ammo accurately, reliable, functions like a rifle should, etc) just most guys didn't want to pay that price point, in comes Tikka. They have since upped the game on Tikkas offering variants that hover closer to Sako prices now... Can't go wrong with just a plane Jane stainless T3X in my mind.

To whomever says they "jam"; I'd love to see you post a video of this happening. I've owned 6 Sakos and 5 Tikkas since 1997, only issue I ever had was an occasional shell extraction issue on one of my Sako 85's.

packer58

WKR
Hunted all my life and have read even more. I had heard of Tikka but never as much as I have since joining here. I have never even held a Tikka rifle but I think it may be my next. Is it a regional thing? I live in SE Ohio and they are just not around my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
You've found the Rokslide holly grail if you own a Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor ...... LOL

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm a lefty and I've been shooting tikkas for a long time......and I have a few.
Never have I had a jam or feeding issue.
They do have a killing issue though......😉

Randy