mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to post this tomorrow but I'll be in the mountains as I was 20 years ago. I was in a wall tent on Mananastash ridge in Washington state elk hunting. As you all, it's a day and time I and you will never ever forget.
God bless America and God bless all of you and to all first responders past and present.........stay safe.

Randy

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Hear! Hear!

I lived in Boston when this happened. Had a friend on Flt. 11.

There is an excellent six part series on NatGeo called: 9/11: One Day In America.

I recommend watching if you identify as an American. My guess is most here do. Not so much for much of the country.

Eddie

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I wanted to post this tomorrow but I'll be in the mountains as I was 20 years ago. I was in a wall tent on Mananastash ridge in Washington state elk hunting. As you all, it's a day and time I and you will never ever forget.
God bless America and God bless all of you and to all first responders past and present.........stay safe.

Randy

what day did you come back and find out?

Man that must have been crazy to come back to! I just remember being 10 years old and my mom screaming and running down the stairs and telling me to wake up and watch the TV.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Had locked my keys in my work truck in Tampa, FL.
Knocked on a door to use a phone. (no cell phone back then).
Woman asked me if I was a Terrorist? Then invited me in and
we watched the 2nd plane hit the tower.
Life changed right then and there.

ODB

WKR
I was in Seattle getting ready for work. My dad called me from the FBI in Quantico. That was a very sobering conversation.

watched the second plane hit and everything after.

Not that it’s their fault, but the people who didn’t live through that, especially as an adult, can never know the before/after feeling that day created.

Was sitting in bear camp in Ramore, Ontario Canada, the fellow we were hunting with told us about it and said too come in his house and watch the news cast, Was hunting with my dad and he said holy hell has just broke loose (korean war vet) he also said we might have a hard time getting back across the boarder, I made a phone call to a buddy CBP officer and ask him how things were at the northern boarder he said hectic ask me when and where we would be crossin told him, got too the boarder in a few days and he was waiting on us. GOD BLESS ALL THOSE LOST SOULS AND DAMM BIDEN FOR WHAT HE JUST DONE.

EastMT

WKR
I was working for Goodyear in Kansas City, I was drinking coffee watching the news that an airplane accident had occurred, when the second plane hit and live on TV they said oh this is def not an accident

Headed off to work on a 45 mile drive, the entire way in all traffic was driving the speed limit, no crazy drivers, everyone was in shock.

Drenalin

WKR
I was stationed at Camp Lejeune, Gunny called us all in to watch it. We spent the rest of the day preparing like we’d be deploying any minute. I remember trying to call home that night, but not being able to call out cause literally everyone else was doing the same thing.

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years. I’m on a camping trip today with a bunch of young men who weren’t even born yet, and wonder if they’ll ever understand the significance of that day.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
I was at the hospital I worked at at the time. Walking down the hall I passed one of our patient transporters, a New Yorker, he asked me if I had heard the news and told me a plane hit one of the towers. I went to the OB waiting room turned on the news just in time to see the second plane hit. We were in the middle of a wing addition and gathered in the ER. The lead project manager started doing calculations and stated the tower were going to come down. A few minutes later the first to fall did. Because we are only an hour away from NYC the order came out to prepare to receive casualties. I remember leaving that night with all of the empty litters lined outside the ER and then returning the next morning with the same empty litters still lined up waiting for wounded.🇺🇸

HoneyDew

WKR
I was barely a teenager but my father brought me to the high point in town and we watched the dust cloud from the vacant spot where the towers used to be. I’ll never forget the image of the people walking to Jersey on the bridges. All of them. They weren’t going anywhere specific they just walked.

I was in high school and walked inside the house just in time to see the second plane. My heart sank and I couldn’t believe what we had just saw. Since I was 4 years old I wanted to be a Marine and at 17 I enlisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oake

Lil-Rokslider
I was working a job in an unclaimed freight depot. Foreman, myself and 2 others.

We stood in silence huddled around the radio listening to updates. After the towers came down, the shop called and said dismiss the crew, the railroad was going to hold a couple days to see what was going to happen next.

Something I’ll never forget and not sure I should.

God bless America 🇺🇸

BAKPAKR

WKR
I was watching three bighorn rams along the Going-To-The-Sun Road in Glacier NP when a guy came up to me and said the United States had been attacked.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
I was 22, mowing lawns for a landscaper at the time. The woman who’s house I was at, came running out the front door and told us a plane hit one of the towers. She let us into her house and we watched the second plane hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was surveying in Manhattan, Montana. We heard snippets of conversations on our handheld radios about “this is bigger than Pearl Harbor “ and “my cousin works at NORAD and he said they’re at DEFCON 5”. We had no idea what was going on. A couple hours later we went to a gas station and learned that two planes had flown into the towers.

Bad day of course, and I knew things were going to change. However, having recently been a USAF ICBM operator, I was actually just a little relieved because I understood 1) what DEFCON 5 meant, 2) really bad stuff happens at DEFCON 5, and 3) this was likely a terrorist action, so DEFCON 5 would probably not hold very long.

2ski

WKR
I answered the phone at the Fraternity I lived at in college. It was one of my buddies who was home for some dental work. He was calling to tell the rest of us to turn on the TV. I spent the rest of the day watching.