78th Anniversary

It is not completely hunting related, but today is the 78th Anniversary of D-Day in Normandy, France. I have had the privilege to know and interview many men who fought on that ‘Longest Day”. They were ordinary young men that did extraordinary things for our freedom, and the freedom of the world. Some paid the ultimate sacrifice. There is not a day that goes by that I do not appreciate the freedom they gave me.

Today was just one D-Day of many back in WW2, but it is a day we should never forget, and young men we should always remember.

Attachments

• 9B4DFA85-00C9-4B40-984D-C6A98119AB60.jpeg
    9B4DFA85-00C9-4B40-984D-C6A98119AB60.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 34

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It is not completely hunting related, but today is the 78th Anniversary of D-Day in Normandy, France. I have had the privilege to know and interview many men who fought on that ‘Longest Day”. They were ordinary young men that did extraordinary things for our freedom, and the freedom of the world. Some paid the ultimate sacrifice. There is not a day that goes by that I do not appreciate the freedom they gave me.

Today was just one D-Day of many back in WW2, but it is a day we should never forget, and young men we should always remember.
thanks for putting this up! I'd forgotten today was 6/6--my bad.

Much sacrifice from our Greatest Generation. I have to admit I didn't understand what they went up against until I saw Saving Private Ryan.

🇺🇸

GSPHUNTER

WKR
The greatest and slowly becoming the forgotten generation. Two news feeds I read today gave the anniversary an also ran news story way down the level of importance, How sad.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problems I whIne about daily are so insignificant and trivial. This reminds me of that and makes me aware of how unbelievably fortunate we are due to sacrifices of people we will never know