The 6UM

huntnful

WKR
ab56839a0f5f00a598109758cb156bec.jpg

Unknown Munitions is making me some Nilgai slayers. Going on a field trip to Texas next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You going with the 115 DTAC again?

ljalberta

WKR
Front quartering shots could have you looking at 12-18” of muscle penetration before you even get to their steel hearts. High chance they bounce.

Jokes aside, this round sure has me
intrigued. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the results.

ab56839a0f5f00a598109758cb156bec.jpg

Unknown Munitions is making me some Nilgai slayers. Going on a field trip to Texas next week.

How are they forming the cases? Hydro die or fire forming? I'm trying weasel out of eating up barrel life and components one way or another. Planning to FF without bullets right now, maybe getting a hydro die after bear season when I have time to wait for it to show up.
Nilgai should be a good demonstration for terminal effectiveness, looking forward to the results!

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
How are they forming the cases? Hydro die or fire forming? I'm trying weasel out of eating up barrel life and components one way or another. Planning to FF without bullets right now, maybe getting a hydro die after bear season when I have time to wait for it to show up.
Nilgai should be a good demonstration for terminal effectiveness, looking forward to the results!

FF with this rifle. This will probably be the last hunting trip for this barrel. It will become the FF barrel at UM. Quite a few 6UM on order now.

A Nilgai will be a great test. I hope to get a good close shot in the shoulder. Hope to shoot a few hogs too.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Hahaha, okay but honestly how legit are those trijicons. I think they punch quite a bit above their price and weight.

Very hard to beat for the price.

BjornF16

WKR
FF with this rifle. This will probably be the last hunting trip for this barrel. It will become the FF barrel at UM. Quite a few 6UM on order now.

Wait...Wut? 6UM can be ordered now from Unknown Munitions?

A Nilgai will be a great test. I hope to get a good close shot in the shoulder. Hope to shoot a few hogs too.

Any other "tests" on Nilgai, for example 77 TMK or 130 TMKs?

Nbowlin

Lil-Rokslider
"Wait...Wut? 6UM can be ordered now from Unknown Munitions?"

Not sure if sadder words have ever been spoken. :ROFLMAO:

Tullis94

WKR

Is this because the barrel is almost worn out? If that is the case then what is the round count? Or are you going to build your 16" +P version and don't want to do that with a half worn out barrel? Im looking forward to the results of your hunt.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Is this because the barrel is almost worn out? If that is the case then what is the round count? Or are you going to build your 16" +P version and don't want to do that with a half worn out barrel? Im looking forward to the results of your hunt.

I’ve been very nasty on the FF process, lots of long strings and UM needs a FF barrel.

Probably going to go 18” on the +P UM after talking to a couple suppressor manufacturers.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Wait...Wut? 6UM can be ordered now from Unknown Munitions?

Any other "tests" on Nilgai, for example 77 TMK or 130 TMKs?

You can and he will be offering custom Tikka builds very soon.

I’m selfish, just testing the 6UM with 115s this trip.

westcoasthunter

Lil-Rokslider
You can and he will be offering custom Tikka builds very soon.

I’m selfish, just testing the 6UM with 115s this trip.

Hey ryan do have a rough estimate on round count before you toast a barrel if you are not nasty with it?