6mm bullet through 22 end cap on suppressor

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
What is the largest diameter bullet that you have run through a 22 cal end cap on a suppressor (successfully)? I have found that 6mm bullets fly just fine through my SiCo suppressors.

How did I find this out? By accident. My friend and I were at the range and after we got done I noticed he spent the entire outing with a 22 end cap on.

Since then whenever I am shooting 6mm (6 ARC, 243, 6 Creed) I just use a 22 cap. Does anyone else do this? Any horror stories or reasons not to?

The manufactures have those tolerances and calls it a .22 end cap for good reasons. There is clearance built in for slight misalignment, barrel whip, and bullet yaw. Shooting anything larger than a .224 bullet through it is a good way to get a strike. The convenience of not swapping out a end cap isn't worth damaging your can.

OP
J

jaredg

Lil-Rokslider
Not brave. We discovered it accidentally. The worst that could happen is I get a strike and have to replace an $80 end cap. But over the course of several hundred rounds through six different 6mm guns we haven't had a strike yet.

I started the post just to see if anyone else had done this and had success or strikes. Just curious...