6 gt load data?

JjamesIII

WKR
Does anyone have published load data for the 6 gt? I need information for 108 eldm, 105 berger hybrids, and the 109 long range hybrids.

There’s not much official data that I can find on the interwebs. I have some speculative loads based on other shooters data, but I’d like something I can reference as safe. I’m interested in some new concepts of loading for a big free bore jump of .065” which people are now getting into because longer jumps are proving to be less sensitive to throat erosion. That is why I don’t want to deviate too much beyond book values, I am already fooling with deeper seating depth than most guys are doing.

Lemhi

FNG
34.5 grains of varget in alpha brass/cci450 gives me 2860fps with 109eldm or 110 a-tips in my 22” GT. same load shoots 2900 in my 26” gun.

Edit* this almost mirrors factory hornady loading for 6gt exactly. Same dope for factory or handloads is handy

You saying “official” like from an ammo/component manufacturer or data that other people have been using with success? There is thread on snipers hide just for 6gt reloading data if you would want to peruse that. It has a lot of good load info.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
You saying “official” like from an ammo/component manufacturer or data that other people have been using with success? There is thread on snipers hide just for 6gt reloading data if you would want to peruse that. It has a lot of good load info.
I was trying to find “book values” from Berger and hornady. See what they call out for coal on their bullets, see what max loads they recommend. I’m going a little cowboy with my seating depth, trying a different approach that I read the prs crowd has found to be good.
I usually jump around .005”, but these guys are doing .060”-.090” or more. That’s a mile from what I’ve ever done, but the advantage to jumping so long is that sd/velocities are maintained throughout the barrel life as your throat continues to erode.
I really should stick with what’s been working for me for years, but I like dickin’ around with things- lol.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
34.5 grains of varget in alpha brass/cci450 gives me 2860fps with 109eldm or 110 a-tips in my 22” GT. same load shoots 2900 in my 26” gun.

Edit* this almost mirrors factory hornady loading for 6gt exactly. Same dope for factory or handloads is handy
Thanks for the info

I was trying to find “book values” from Berger and hornady. See what they call out for coal on their bullets, see what max loads they recommend. I’m going a little cowboy with my seating depth, trying a different approach that I read the prs crowd has found to be good.
I usually jump around .005”, but these guys are doing .060”-.090” or more. That’s a mile from what I’ve ever done, but the advantage to jumping so long is that sd/velocities are maintained throughout the barrel life as your throat continues to erode.
I really should stick with what’s been working for me for years, but I like dickin’ around with things- lol.
Got ya. Yeah here lately it seems like more of rifles shoot better between 40-60 thou off. I have a 260 that shoots bug holes at 90 thou off.

The 6GT is super easy to load. This group is from a Sign Cross that I had rebarelled in 6GT by Straight Jacket Armory. I plan to experiment with other powders although I'm very satisfied with Varget.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
Got ya. Yeah here lately it seems like more of rifles shoot better between 40-60 thou off. I have a 260 that shoots bug holes at 90 thou off.
I think you can get a more accurate load running a few thou. off, or even kissing the lands like the bench rest guys do. But after a few hundred rounds, you’ll have to start chasing the throat erosion. With the high volume of shooting it takes for steel matches, it doesn’t make it ideal to keep shifting your c o a l.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
The 6GT is super easy to load. This group is from a Sign Cross that I had rebarelled in 6GT by Straight Jacket Armory. I plan to experiment with other powders although I'm very satisfied with Varget.
That was my thoughts on trying out the gay tiger. It seems like a very intentional design that took many of the strengths of other 6 mm rounds. I hope it sticks around and gains popularity