6.5PRC Tikka - Short Action or Long Action Chassis (MDT or XLR)

gtriple

WKR
I'm looking at either an HNT26 or an XLR Element 4.0 MG for a 6.5 PRC Tikka build and wondering if I should get a short action or long action chassis.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Currently factory but will handload in the future. Does that change the chassis action length?
So it doesn't change the action length but kinda changes my outlook on it. I should have also asked what bullet and if you have a custom throat cut. The reason I ask is if you are going to run factory ammo or a factory chamber then I would just stick with the short action. It is going to feed a little better and with those ammo combos, a long action is not necessary. If you have it throated out and plan on running 156s seated pretty far out then a long action might be a better option.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’m currently waiting on all my components, but I’m assembling a 6.5 PRC in a short action XLR envy. It’s going to be tight, but there should be enough room in the action for me to use 147 eldm Hornady ammo. I don’t do any reloading, rechambering a .300WSM and a 6.5 PRC just seemed like an easy route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk