6.5 PRC powder for 150s?

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm currently waiting on my parts to do a remage build but the build is as follows:
Barrel: 22 inch carbon six 1-8
Action: Gunwerks GRB
Stock: Gunwerks Clymer
Trigger: Triggertech
Goal for this rifle is a 0-700 yard hunting rifle on deer and black bear size game.

So with that out there, I currently have the following components for reloading:
Brass: Lapua
Bullets: 142 grain Nosler ABLR, 143 grain Norma Bondstrikes, and 150 grain Nosler ABLRs
Primers: Standard CCI 200s

With powders like H1000, N565, MAGNUM, etc being out of stock on a regular basis. What would be a decent powder that would provide acceptable velocity from a 22" barrel (2900s for the 140s and mid 2800s for the 150s) that seems to come in stock on a regular basis? I was looking at H4831SC since I have used it in the .270 Winchester and .260 Remington but I don't think I will get near those velocities. I'll eventually try to get my hands on the magnum type powders but I would like to have powder on hand for when I get these parts in so I can shoot/use it for hunting.

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 6.5 prc and switched to n560 as well. It has a 21 inch barrel and I think you will find much better ES and SD getting a full burn. I tried h1000 and wasn’t getting a full burn the powder was a bit too slow for me in the short tube. The n560 has been the sweet spot for me

I have a 6.5 prc and switched to n560 as well. It has a 21 inch barrel and I think you will find much better ES and SD getting a full burn. I tried h1000 and wasn’t getting a full burn the powder was a bit too slow for me in the short tube. The n560 has been the sweet spot for me
Serious question, how do you know its not all burning? I've been using it in my 20in barrel and it seems fine but idk what I'd be looking for I guess. I tried h4831sc and wasn't getting the speed I had hoped for but got better speed and similar accuracy with h1000.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Bellmoa

FNG
I had really good luck using imr4831 shooting the Hornady 147’s and the 143gr ELDX with Lapua Brass and CCI BR primers.

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
Serious question, how do you know its not all burning? I've been using it in my 20in barrel and it seems fine but idk what I'd be looking for I guess. I tried h4831sc and wasn't getting the speed I had hoped for but got better speed and similar accuracy with h1000.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Spitting flames out of my brake bad. Terrible sd and es as well. Also I’d recommend experimenting with Gordon’s reloading tool to give you a good idea. Every setup is pretty different.