6.5 PRC 127 LRX

MT257

WKR
Looking for any load info from those who have worked loads up in the 6.5 PRC with 127 LRX bullets. How have these bullets worked for you on game? I am looking to keep OAL at 2.865". Have those who have worked loads up gone above the maximum charges listed in the Barnes data? Seems their data is more conservative that other data with like weight bullets.

kota

FNG
I load them in a 6.5 needmoor with no complaints in performance on deer inside of 200 yards. Just haven’t shot anything farther with them. No bang flops, but none of them went more than 20 yards and they were all good sized bucks. I am 50 thousandths off the lands and about half a grain over the Barnes max powder charge. I tested some at a higher powder charges without any pressure signs, but the accuracy wasn’t as good so I backed off. They shoot less than half an inch in my stock browning.

Marble

WKR
I have some ready to be loaded in my PRC also. I'll use Barnes load data moat likely and try to use the slowest powder I can.

If you load some report back and if I do, I'll let you know my results.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

AKG

FNG
22" proof barreled Tikka. 57.0 grains h1000, 127 lrx using Hornady once fired brass I was at about 2935 fps I went up to 57.5 grains during testing. In nosler fresh brass at 57.0 grains I ended up at 3040 fps but will back this off for warmer weather. I don't have COAL information handy. Coyotes and deer shot with it have gone down well (more coyotes than deer).

digger

Lil-Rokslider
Here in California we are mandated to use copper bullets. I’ve shot most available except have not tried Hornady CX yet.
Used the LRX a lot until we had some failures on antelope in Wyoming.What a mess,just ice picked them goats.
I went with some Hornady GMX I had on a shelf.
Going to work hard with the CX pills when I can get some.

6.5Express

Lil-Rokslider
I worked these bullets up in a 260 ackley improved at 2990. We only have one season on it so far but 3 mature bull elk and two buck mule deer from 125 - 505 fell within sight. Have also used that bullet in a 264 winmag and used the lrx extensively in a 7 wsm and 280 ackley. Many critters inside of 600 yards and have not had an issue

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
My hunting buddy runs them in his 6.5 prc and it has been a killer. From my experience the Barnes book is conservative when it comes to loading. My buddy it running those at 3050fps with no pressure. Just super accurate at that speed. His wife just killed a cow elk with them at just under 500 yards. Went less than 20 yards and piled up.

Sled

WKR
Not a ton of experience but the 6.5cm does fine with them on the few elk and moose we got last season. I'd either use the lrx or some hammers and push them light and fast.