6.5 Creedmoor Rifle Recommendations

I heard there have been some quality control issues with Christensen rifles?

There have been and Christensen is not what you want for a LR Target rifle, their SS barrels are thin and heat up quick and their CF barrels aren’t as good as others on the market and don’t lend well to LR shooting either. You need a barrel that can withstand at least 10 shot strings.

I bought an MPR in 6.5 creed shortly after they came out and the headspace was .003” short of SAAMI minimum. Most factory ammo wouldn’t chamber and if it did it closed super tight. Before sending it in I shot some hand loads on new brass which wasn’t an issue and the barrel was pretty accurate. I sent it in with a request to only ream the chamber and not replace the barrel and was even working with my a guy I know who is a massive CA dealer/distributor and was working with the sales rep and the service center replaced the barrel anyway. New barrel vertically strung like crazy as it heated up. Sent it back again, they replaced the whole rifle and I sold it. Really wanted to like the rifle but two dud barrels and not so great CS I probably wouldn't try again.

I would do some reading over on snipershide, its much more tailored to long range target shooting that here and there's a lot more threads and info on the very same stuff you're looking for.

The suggestion to just buy a Bergara B14 HMR and put the savings towards a better optic is a solid recommendation.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
There have been and Christensen is not what you want for a LR Target rifle, their SS barrels are thin and heat up quick and their CF barrels aren’t as good as others on the market and don’t lend well to LR shooting either. You need a barrel that can withstand at least 10 shot strings.

I bought an MPR in 6.5 creed shortly after they came out and the headspace was .003” short of SAAMI minimum. Most factory ammo wouldn’t chamber and if it did it closed super tight. Before sending it in I shot some hand loads on new brass which wasn’t an issue and the barrel was pretty accurate. I sent it in with a request to only ream the chamber and not replace the barrel and was even working with my a guy I know who is a massive CA dealer/distributor and was working with the sales rep and the service center replaced the barrel anyway. New barrel vertically strung like crazy as it heated up. Sent it back again, they replaced the whole rifle and I sold it. Really wanted to like the rifle but two dud barrels and not so great CS I probably wouldn't try again.

I would do some reading over on snipershide, its much more tailored to long range target shooting that here and there's a lot more threads and info on the very same stuff you're looking for.

The suggestion to just buy a Bergara B14 HMR and put the savings towards a better optic is a solid recommendation.
The CA rifle I recommended is a heavy weight steel barrel, purpose built for extended shooting.

Seekins. Warranty and customer service alone are worth it. Ive got a PH2 and it is lights out... Great interactions with the seekins folks. Glenn even gets on FB and chats and answers questions (and says thanks when they get compliments)

Rowdy99

FNG
My vote goes towards seekins, or save up another thousand and go the custom route.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Seekins. Warranty and customer service alone are worth it. Ive got a PH2 and it is lights out... Great interactions with the seekins folks. Glenn even gets on FB and chats and answers questions (and says thanks when they get compliments)
Looking at a lot of different options, but, keep coming back to Seekins. The PH2 has my eye, might contact them to see if you can easily swap into another chassis, like the KRG X-Ray.

Looking at a lot of different options, but, keep coming back to Seekins. The PH2 has my eye, might contact them to see if you can easily swap into another chassis, like the KRG X-Ray.

You can’t go wrong with that rifle. You can drop it into any R700 chassis just SA or LA depending on which chambering you end up with. Their bravo model comes in a KRG Bravo R700 inlet chassis.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved

posted in classifieds

Ever notice how many low-round-count Bergaras there are in the classifieds?
Same for Kimbers?
Christensen is catching up.

Tikka is where I put my money.

....And anytime someone says 'you can't go wrong with ---'...Run.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Ever notice how many low-round-count Bergaras there are in the classifieds?
Same for Kimbers?
Christensen is catching up.

Tikka is where I put my money.

....And anytime someone says 'you can't go wrong with ---'...Run.
lol, I have noticed that myself. Tikka or Seekins is where I'm at.