46 Rail

aggieland

WKR
Excellent, Keep the videos coming and feel free to post them up in our trad section. It's amazing how simply watching videos online can improve how you shoot. If I had not come across the Rick welch videos and some of the others I would not be shooting anywhere close to where I am now. Also I use your technique on tieing the nocking point. I had to watch the video about 10 times but I finally got it right. Thanks again for the info, Casey

Casey, I totally agree. Rick Welch is an "animal" when it comes to shooting stickbows. I wish I had the time and money to attend his one on one class. I have his videos as well as many others. A set of videos that I really liked too were the masters of the barebow. Through those videos, I got to establish contact with Rod Jenkins from Safari Tuff. He's another really cool guy! He has been very influential in my tuning/shooting.
One thing that I forgot to mention in my nock tying video is (if you're using .030 halo nocks over .030 halo serving, as I do). For some reason, the nocks work better in terms of spinning up and down/serving separation, if you serve in the center serving in the opposite direction of the flemish bowstring twist. From building endless compound strings, I would never recommend that but for whatever reason, with .030 center serving and .030 halo string nocks, I get better results if the center serving is in the opposite direction of the flemish twists.

Thank you for the kind words Franklin!

Ryan

jamaro

FNG
This one is tough for me but I wish South the best of luck... South is great guy with a ton of knowledge. I have seen the prototypes and talked/listened to A.D. about this project for years. I think they maybe fighting an upstream battle with all the other products hitting the market.

At the end of the day it needs to be a better material just not a different cut. Otherwise it is just more of the same. Stika, was the first to have a fitted cut then KUIU came out with a nice cut but more importantly they have a better material.

When 46RAIL first started designing the cloths, they were going for a motocross meets the bowhunter look. A.D. "I want people to look bad-ass just standing there". OK, whatever...

Of all the "products" that they planning coming out with I think the Bino harness is pretty cool. As far as the clothes, I don't see anything yet that amazed me... BUT maybe things have changed..

Again South is great, upfront and honest person. I hope the best for him...

J-
The New Mexico Sportsman

2rocky

WKR
jamaro,

I've always enjoyed your work on Bowcast, and your Column. Keep it up.

And don't be a stranger here!

jamaro

FNG
2rocky..
Thanks... I sure will. I am not sure what is happening with Bowcast these days... I think they have just taken a different direction... Good or Bad I am not sure...

J-

SDHNTR

WKR
Come on now! Like South needs another stinkin project. He's got a bow to build for a very impatient bowhunter! Priorities man! :)

For more information about myself or about hunting Hawaii feel free to "friend" me on Facebook. Ryan N Staci Bowhunt-Hawaii

I didn't mean to "stir anything up"

Thank you!
Ryan Sanpei

Ryan, welcome aboard, I'm an aspiring stickbow hunter and we could use your talent around here for sure. Hunting Hawaii I'm sure would be no less amazing than hunting the west, just different. I wish I would have know about you guys last month, my wife and I spent 10 days on Oahu for our twentieth anniversary. Were planning a trip to Kauai and I'd love to chat with you about hunting opportunities there.

goodgrouper, thanks for the kind words. Last month!!! Bummer, we could've gone hunting!!! Goat season is open right now on Oahu. Feel free to contact me anytime. [email protected] Email me and I'll give you my contact number. Here's a hunt with my wife a few weeks ago. A few guys wanted to see where and what we hunt, so I made a quick video of one of the areas. http://youtu.be/QuyRoElMye0 *adjust the settings to HD*

Aloha!
Ryan

Come on now! Like South needs another stinkin project. He's got a bow to build for a very impatient bowhunter! Priorities man! :)

LOL! Too funny! What did you order??? You know South, he always needs to keep super busy. He's not doing construction anymore, so I guess he needed a new project, that being 46RAIL.

goodgrouper, thanks for the kind words. Last month!!! Bummer, we could've gone hunting!!! Goat season is open right now on Oahu. Feel free to contact me anytime. [email protected] Email me and I'll give you my contact number. Here's a hunt with my wife a few weeks ago. A few guys wanted to see where and what we hunt, so I made a quick video of one of the areas. http://youtu.be/QuyRoElMye0 *adjust the settings to HD*

Aloha!
Ryan

I'll admit that shooting a goat never really appealed to me, but that does look like a hoot! Do you do any hog hunting as well? I've seen some pretty crazy videos on hog hunting the islands with nothing but some dogs and a really big knife! :)

Mike

SDHNTR

WKR
LOL! Too funny! What did you order??? You know South, he always needs to keep super busy. He's not doing construction anymore, so I guess he needed a new project, that being 46RAIL.

New Wolverine with XT limbs. Nothing fancy. I'm still new at this and really suck, but having a blast.

Mike,
Yes Staci and I do a lot of hog hunting here and yes we do have a ton of guys hunting them with dogs and knives. In the islands, we have axis deer, mouflon sheep, feral sheep, pigs, goats, blacktail deer and a bunch of game birds. I've posted a few pics in the "traditional section".

IMG_0205.jpg