.45 Powerbelt ELR problems

I purchased a CVA Paramount .45 this fall and was getting wonderful accuracy (right at 1 MOA). Before muzzleloader season here in Minnesota started I made sure my zero was good and got ready for the season. I opened a new pack of ELR’s and loaded my rifle for the first hunt. I had a great shot at the biggest buck I’ve ever had in my crosshairs at 125 yds. Pulled the trigger and he was gone. Went home and shot 4 shots that didn’t hit my target. They were keyholing and I found pieces of the skirts in the cardboard backer. Powerbelt customer service assured me that they had fixed the previous isssues they had and if the bullets had a lot number on the back, they should be good. There was no change in my weighed out Blackhorn load. Same primers. Only change was from 40-45 degrees down to 15-20 degrees. Anyone else have issues with these in the cold? Or with sudden keyholing in new bullets with “lot numbers. Hasn’t warmed up here so I haven’t been able to find out if that’s truly the issue. Time is running out on this muzzleloader season so any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 0E4F2896-01E4-4CA2-9F82-0FF4AC77B27C.jpeg
    0E4F2896-01E4-4CA2-9F82-0FF4AC77B27C.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 20
Get rid of the power belts and get some arrowhead bullets, or Pittman, or Parker bullets. No skirt required, just a sizing die.

OP
P
Get rid of the power belts and get some arrowhead bullets, or Pittman, or Parker bullets. No skirt required, just a sizing die.
I’ve been on each of their sites looking at my options. Don’t see myself ever firing another Powerbelt at game. Anybody have any experience with any of these in the oversized Paramount barrels? Any recommendations on on-game performance?

I’ve been on each of their sites looking at my options. Don’t see myself ever firing another Powerbelt at game. Anybody have any experience with any of these in the oversized Paramount barrels? Any recommendations on on-game performance?
I haven’t a paramount, but I do shoot a custom muzzleloader and a cva 45-70 that’s a muzzleloader. I’ve used a Parker BE, fury star tip, and a Parker match/hunter on game. Devastating results

search up my results on my Accura LR-X with Parker bullets. 1 MOA with no load development at all. Shot better than the ELR's, but again I didn't waste Blackhorn developing their load...

Did you put a muzzle break on it? There was known issue with some …..skirts hitting the inside of the muzzle break.