3rd annual Kansas scraps bowhunt

Hi folks, your pal @Dos Perros here primed and prep'd for the third annual installment of my home state archery finale, to commence between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

You may have followed along in years' past, including last year when I finally (after many years of failing) managed to kill my first deer with a bow. https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/2nd-annual-kansas-scraps-hunt.245815/

deer 2021.jpg

I have noticed better cell reception in the area this year so, armed with my MagView, I should be able to add more interesting updates as the hunt progresses. I'll also be adding story updates (videos) to my Instagram @sons_of_the_sod. So pour yourself a drink and settle in. I saw two pretty tremendous bucks in November so if they didn't get killed during rifle season things could get interesting. My freezer is completely empty so you better believe Ima send it.

Last edited:
OP
Dos Perros
This guy is my #1 but pretty good chance he’s already dead.

362cb6746e1f1c4ed65c821450d4c358.jpg

OP
Dos Perros
Came over the top a little aggressive and one saw me, waiting for them to settle. Group of 7 with two small bucks.

Saw another group of seven with another couple small bucks on the way over. Nothing mature yet.

a3e74fc58e872396065335d640c0f08f.jpg

OP
Dos Perros
Didn’t have to throw a rock. He stood on his own. I had ranged a thicket behind him at 50. Drew and stood up. He saw me and I settled my 50 pin on him. Fired, saw my arrow whipsaw in the crosswind and go high. I hadn’t compensated for the fact that he was closer than the thicket. Oh well. Go find another.