3D Super Nocks

Do any of you use these nocks for hunting?

I've always used the regular Super Nocks they no longer make, so switched to the 3D Super.

Just replaced my strings and the new 3D Super Nocks fit great as they click on the string and do not grab the string if you rotate them.

My only concern is as I shoot them during the Summer, and if the serving and nock should wear some, they would be too loose for downward hunting shots?

As with my old regular Super nocks they aways fit a bit tight but did loosen up to a very good fit after some wear from shooting them. Knowing the Super Nock did loosen up a bit after shooting, I'm thinking if the 3D is also going to loosen up some rendering too loose for downward shots, but have no experience with them? Thanks

I just didn't really care for them. Seemed to break easily, I had a lot of issues with easton G nocks. I think the Easton plastic is too brittle.

Went to Beiter hunter nocks and have been really happy with them outside of price. But they hold up way better to impacts. The plastic is softer than most other nocks, so it's not brittle and it's not damaged nearly as easily. I think the softer material helps it fit a wider range of serving diameter as well.

OP
L
Never had any issues with Super nocks breaking, and really liked them, but no longer available. The 3D Super are similar, but a little thinner on the ears as compared to the Regular Super nocks, so not sure how they will hold up?

But that really isn't an issue to me if i break a couple here and there shooting. My main concern is come time for hunting will they be too loose for downward shots? Because right now they fit the string perfectly, not too tight or too loose, but it wouldn't take much to make them too loose on the string.

That's going to depend on your center serving and how much it will wear. I been using power grip for my center serving and pleased with the durability.

I never worried about breaking nocks while shooting, til I had 2 that snapped at the shot. First time it happened I blamed it on an impact that I must have missed. Happened 7 days later just after I replaced all the nocks and that arrow hadn't been shot into a group, probably had less than 20-30 shots on that nock.

OP
L
Not sure what serving is on my new set, but it's a good quality set from Twisted X. I guess time will tell, but was hoping someone with experience using the 3D Super Nocks might know? As the other difference between two nocks is the regular Super Nock had a double lock, whereas the 3D Super just have one.

Rob5589

WKR
Not a fan. They come with the carbon legacy shafts I use. They get loose really fast on the serving. No breakage issues for me.

OP
L
Thanks that's what I was wondering, as they fit perfect now, but didn't want to have issues come hunting season.

Probably better off to look for a new style nock now?