300wsm in a long action

Is anyone running a 300wsm in a long action rifle? I have a 700bdl clone that is setup that way and I want to convert it over to detachable magazines. I have had good luck by installing a spacer in the box mag and using a short action mag follower with the bdl setup, but... if I go with a long action detachable mag, what caliber mag should I use for the wsm? Will a 300WM mag work? Maybe with some feed lip tweaking?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you go AICS, Accurate Mag makes a very good short action 300 wsm mag, check there for LA version. I think you would have to tweak feed lips.

ofl0926

WKR
Yeah I went short action and used the accurate mag. 2.955 internal length on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Yeah I went short action and used the accurate mag. 2.955 internal length on them.

This is partly why I am going with a long action, no restriction on cartridge length. I am loading the 200.20x to 3.090, so a short action mag will not really give me what I want with oal limitations.

ofl0926

WKR
This is partly why I am going with a long action, no restriction on cartridge length. I am loading the 200.20x to 3.090, so a short action mag will not really give me what I want with oal limitations.

Go for it
I went short action based on my rifle builders recommendation.