300 Win Mag recommendations… Thank you!!!

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
I went Browning with my most recent 300WM. I really like the mag length- I can seat to 3.595" and still get reliable feeding. What I regret is getting a 26" barrel. By the time I screw my can on its almost 34.5" which is entirely too long for my liking. With glass, its about 11lbs which is more than I care to carry around in the mountains. Most of the time I opt for my shorter, lighter, easier to maneuver 308.

If you are not going to hand-load then the Tikka is a good choice. I bought a Tikka T3x Lite in SS when the barrels started coming out with a 1:10” twist a couple of years ago. I am getting one MOA with 180 gr Accubonds in the Nosler Trophy Grade ammo. I wanted to Shoot 200gr + but couldn’t find any ammo that I wanted to shoot, so started hand-loading. Unfortunately the Tikka mags are limited to a COAL of 3.37”. Most other rifles have a mag that is longer than the Tikka magazine. The CA Mesa FFT does have the longer magazine.
You can get 3,5, and 10 round Magazines for the tikka t3x 300wm. What do you make of the 10" twist?

dsmiley

FNG
Bought my sun a CA ridgeline for Christmas. Granted not a 300wm it is a 6.5cm but shoots .6moa with any 5 shot group with factory ammo. I have a .270 tikka feather lite shoots .7moa with handloads but was much cheaper. I have a sako in 300wm and shoots 1moa. Ihave been happy with CA and going to buy another In 7prc less recoil then the 300wm, still has great energy down range, with superior ballistics. They started offering 7prc this month.

Gila

WKR
You can get 3,5, and 10 round Magazines for the tikka t3x 300wm. What do you make of the 10" twist?
Hornady specifies 1:10” for the 200 gr ELD-x but I don’t think I really need it since 90% of my hunting is above 6,000ft and I am a fair weather hunter. Since I am limited to a COAL of 3.37” because of the magazine length, my loads will be 165-200 gr Accubonds, Interbonds, basically any shorter bonded bullet. For those loads at my altitude, a 1:11” should be fine. Hunting with a near flush 3rd polymer mag works best for me.

Tikka hands down or a Sako S20. They are on a silly discount now like $1099 my S20 300 WM is a tack driver

DosAmigos

FNG
Sako or Tikka in 300 win. Ammo easily available online and great all around cartridge.

OP
everestwc

everestwc

FNG
I wanted to update everyone on the Weatherby MKV Hunter in 300 win mag I ended up getting. It is shooting great. During the recommended Weatherby break-in, it shot around a 0.5" 3-shot group. This was with Barnes TTSX 180 gr factory ammo. tempImageXvSEGt.jpg

Seekins allllll the way. My element shoots .25 moa with several factory loads and it's almost impossible to get this thing to shoot over .8. bergers, eldx, trophy bonded tips, terminal ascents, lrx, TTSX, eldm, you name it. If I couldn't afford the element of go PH2 no problem. I've owned every brand of factory 300 win out there except the Brownings. But the seekins stock and trigger blows the browning out of the water to me.

If you want something more affordable I have a real good shooting like new Weatherby Vanguard Meateater edition in 300 win, full cerekote, in a Stockys Carbon fiber VG2 stock for sale, with muzzle brea and, the OEM stock. I've had it shoot very well, no issues.

Toner44

FNG
Seekins Havak hands down. Think they run around 1800-1900$ now. Have cool colors, shoot amazing. Sometimes the wait to get one is a little long