300 RUM Rifle Suggestions

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Christensen Ridgeline 300RUM, Leupold VX6HD Optic, Norma Bondstrike Ammo (All I can get reliably the last few years)..........You wont be sorry with this combo.

Does it recoil? Sure does.....also who cares. I had a range day a few weeks ago and fired 50 reloads 5 min apart until they were gone and didnt feel any differently than any other centerfire round in terms of recoil side effects.

As for me, its RUM always and forever. You wont need another rifle west of Kansas. Now if your east of Kansas....a 243 is overkill for basically everything

300 RUM great cartridge, been using it for 20 years, never once regretted it. Seems to be a small selection of guns nowadays but Christiansen arms Ridge line looks to be a solid choice.

Old Remington 700 Sendero! 26" fluted barrel, HS Stock and an old Remington Trigger that can be tuned to a nice 2 lbs.
Hell yes! That’s my exact next gun with a Leupold Mark 5HD 7-36x56. Beautiful elk gun. Of course I have an area with the spots to sit to put it to good use. You don’t just carry that around like a blind squirrel looking for a random nut. Lol

Novahunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hell yes! That’s my exact next gun with a Leupold Mark 5HD 7-36x56. Beautiful elk gun. Of course I have an area with the spots to sit to put it to good use. You don’t just carry that around like a blind squirrel looking for a random nut. Lol

Put a CF barrel on it with a CF stock, Titanium muzzle break, and one can drop quite a few pounds off it.

Put a CF barrel on it with a CF stock, Titanium muzzle break, and one can drop quite a few pounds off it.
Nah. I’m not a fan of CF barrels. I’m not necessarily looking to lose weight. It’s a sitting gun. I’ll get it there. Once I’m there weight is a plus.

ndforbes

FNG
I have a 300 RUM Remington BDL that I have killed a couple elk with over the years, but to be honest, I usually reach for my 300 Min Mag X-Bolt. The Win Mag for me has been much more fun to shoot, cheaper to reload, and usually easier to find reloading components. As a couple people have said, not many manufacturers still offer new guns in the 300 RUM. If you do go down that road, and load your own ammo, I'd be happy to share load data that I have for the 190 LRAB from Nosler if you are interested.