.300 PRC Feeding Problems

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Christensen Ridgeline in .300PRC. The rifle has always shot great but I’ve always hated the stock. I recently purchased, from the classifieds, a slightly used KRG Bravo and a MDT 3.85” .300 Win magazine. I was told (right or wrong), that this mag would run .300 PRC. I have put everything together and adjusted mag tension via KRG’s advice and have not been able to make the rifle feed. Basically, the bolt just rides over the top of the cartridge. It catches on the rim momentarily but then rides right over the top.
Am I using the wrong mag? Is there a different follower inside a .300 PRC magazine? Do I need to modify this mag to make it work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have a Christensen Ridgeline in .300PRC. The rifle has always shot great but I’ve always hated the stock. I recently purchased, from the classifieds, a slightly used KRG Bravo and a MDT 3.85” .300 Win magazine. I was told (right or wrong), that this mag would run .300 PRC. I have put everything together and adjusted mag tension via KRG’s advice and have not been able to make the rifle feed. Basically, the bolt just rides over the top of the cartridge. It catches on the rim momentarily but then rides right over the top.
Am I using the wrong mag? Is there a different follower inside a .300 PRC magazine? Do I need to modify this mag to make it work? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I’d call Christensen to see if you can rectify. Then if not, go to local gunsmith that always have the tips and tricks to make it work.

Just my Rec

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the help.

I’m sure Christensen will tell me to put it back in their stock and then my problem will be solved, hahaha.

I’ll reach out to Redhawk this morning and see what they recommend as far as mags go. If the RUM mag is the way to go, I may have a gently used MDT .300 Win Mag for sale soon.

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
I read that somewhere else. Not rocket science I guess? Just bend out from back to front until it feeds?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I read that somewhere else. Not rocket science I guess? Just bend out from back to front until it feeds?
We have found that the Rums work better for 300 PRCs out of the package. Magazines are the biggest nightmare in the world for chassis manufacturers though. Due to how they are made the tolerances vary a lot and theres no true AICS spec for manufacturers to follow. If you want to try tuning the feed lips take a set of needle nose pliers and wrap them in masking tape. Then slowly bend the feed lips out. It sounds like you will have to do the whole feed lip to allow the cartridge to stick out more. Its pretty easy but take your time!

OP
Cynoscion

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to follow up, say thanks for the help and let y’all know that bending out the feed lips ever so slightly from back to front worked perfectly. I adjusted them 3-4 different times checking for success between each adjustment and it now feeds perfectly. Thanks again.