30-06 Vortex Optics

I found Vortex optics on sale for 40%. I am needing a scope for a for a 30-06 Win M70 Featherweight. I have a SIG LPVO 1-6 or 8 on a gas gun. Should I put that on the 30-06 and get a MPVO for the gas gun, which is ultimately what I will do now or later. For the gas gun I would like to have a 2 or 3-10 or higher. For the 30-06 1 or 2- 10ish. Both with illuminated reticle/dot/ring, and still visible on the lower powers. The SIG LPVOs red dot is undistinguishable till about 3x. Suggestions???

You’re not going to find much vortex love on this forum. Eurooptic still has some good sales on Trijicon. Depending on your budget you should definitely be able to find something that fits your needs from their lineup

Hnthrdr

WKR
I have a razor 2-10 that is super light weight, I can’t dial it but it does have SFP hold over hash marks, I also have a viper 4-16x44 with an moa turret which I like super great deal I think I got it as a close out. No issues with vortex, I do prefer my leupold, zeiss and Burris scopes though. For western hunting I thin 2-4 low end power and 15-18 high in power is about the perfect magnifications

svivian

WKR
Is the discount 40% off of MSRP? if so its not as great of a deal as you think. If your heart is set on vortex what is your budget as that will also narrow down recommendations...

Unckebob

WKR
I have a 2.5-10 scope on my 308 Featherweight. I looks right on the gun, is lightweight, and looks good on the gun.

Unless you are only hunting in the woods and only take rather short shots, you will probably want more magnification than your LVPO.

Lots of manufacturers build good scopes similar to mine. If you go much higher in magnification, you end up with a heavy scope. Some of the Leupolds have illuminated recipes,

OP
F
Is the discount 40% off of MSRP? if so its not as great of a deal as you think. If your heart is set on vortex what is your budget as that will also narrow down recommendations...
Just weighing options before start looking at cost. I'm not sure if it is discounted from MSRP? It is on GovX, so I will have to look at it more. Not set on Vortex, but with that discount, can't not look at them.

TerryB

FNG
I also recently changed from Leopold 3x9 to a vortex 4x16x44 on my 30-06 ,I also have over under scope rings so I can use iron sights as well