2nd season CO deer

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
My cousin and I both tagged out this last hunting season in CO. Had a great time! Colorado is a unique place. Wish it wasn't getting over ran with non hunting type people/thinkers. Otherwise, I would strongly consider moving there myself.

Anyway, we arrived a few days into the season. Things started fast seeing elk and a few bucks.

Screenshot_20221106-073251_Gallery.jpg

Found a great buck hovering the edge of a public/private boundary.

Screenshot_20221103-223735_Gallery.jpg

We ended up taking these bucks within a few hours of each other.

IMG_9726.jpg
Screenshot_20221103-215316_Gallery.jpg

Video

OP
gledeasy

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
Strong work guys, someone actually hunting! I thought this was a gear forum, lol
Thanks, it was fun... but if we're going to talk gear. I need to replace an atlas bipod that I lost on this hunt. Anyone like anything better? 😆

Yes, our guide has been briefly seeing it for 2 years. Maybe once a season. We found him with 4 does in the general area he was seen. Our guide said if we see a collared buck we needed to go after him as he was a good one. My son spotted him once when chasing some bull elk. We stumbled onto him when we saw a smaller 4x4 running across a hill, then seeing 4 does. We figured a bigger buck was around.

The report from CO was it was collared as about 2 year old 2 x1. It summered on the adjacent ranch followed the river down and wintered on the ranch we hunt. Biologist figured it was about 5 years old. They were happy I sent them pics to see what he grew into.