2nd Generation Iron Will K1 Knives

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Our new and improved K1 Ultralight Hunting Knives are now available in all options. Weighing just 1.0 ounce as a skeleton knife (1.7 ounces with G10 handle), I believe it is the lightest full size knife available that will get you completely through skinning, quartering, and deboning an elk or other big game. Changes include a more sweeping belly for improved skinning, a secondary saber grind to reduce the thickness behind the edge for easier cutting and sharpening, and a black ceramic coated option.

Now available with or without the top sharpened edge, those most comfortable using their index finger near the tip of the blade have precise finger grips for added control. Those that like the top edge blade for ripping hide will have a more robust thumb blocker at the front of the grips.

I have used these knives on 15 animals this year and I think you will really like the improvements. Here are a few photos:
ORN G10_ Black GT.jpg

Those are neat!
I have one of the first generation ones and love it. Super light and works well. Always have it in my pack

GotDraw?

WKR
Our new and improved K1 Ultralight Hunting Knives are now available in all options. Weighing just 1.0 ounce as a skeleton knife (1.7 ounces with G10 handle), I believe it is the lightest full size knife available that will get you completely through skinning, quartering, and deboning an elk or other big game. Changes include a more sweeping belly for improved skinning, a secondary saber grind to reduce the thickness behind the edge for easier cutting and sharpening, and a black ceramic coated option.

Now available with or without the top sharpened edge, those most comfortable using their index finger near the tip of the blade have precise finger grips for added control. Those that like the top edge blade for ripping hide will have a more robust thumb blocker at the front of the grips.

I have used these knives on 15 animals this year and I think you will really like the improvements. Here are a few photos:
View attachment 350293

Hey Bill--

Fantastic design execution!

The only question I have is the finger guard at the heel of the blade.

Do you find that it make it tough to sharpen on stones because it gets in the way?

JL

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Bill--

Fantastic design execution!

The only question I have is the finger guard at the heel of the blade.

Do you find that it make it tough to sharpen on stones because it gets in the way?

JL
I have quite a few knives that have a similar heel design where you can't sharpen through the heel but you need to stop just short of it. They sharpen fine for me.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I cut up 2 moose and a bear with one this past year, not the gen2 though, the original. I prefer a larger handle for long hard jobs like moose but it worked well enough.
Curious if you used it as a skeleton with paracord or the G10 handled version? I find the G10 handle to be more comfortable for longer jobs and worth the added 0.6 oz. I haven't done a moose though and can see how a knife more than 7" long might be better for them.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Curious if you used it as a skeleton with paracord or the G10 handled version? I find the G10 handle to be more comfortable for longer jobs and worth the added 0.6 oz. I haven't done a moose though and can see how a knife more than 7" long might be better for them.

Mine just had para cord on it. A bigger knife would have absolutely been better but I was on a float hunt so I’d packed light. The iron will and a havalon. My buddy had a Benchmade saddle mountain skinner, actually he may have had 2 of those with him.

Last edited: