28 Nosler recommendations

I’m looking for any recommendations on a factory or semi custom 28 nosler. Preferably around the 2k range. I’ve been interested in the savage ultralight and a seekins ph2, but the current wait for seekins is about 6-9 months. Are the seekins worth the wait? I know Christensen makes them but I’m not interested in the Mesa featherweight barrel and I’ve heard the ridgelines are hit or miss

mainbeam pursuit2

Lil-Rokslider
My son has the Ridgeline in 28, it flat shoots and is very nice rifle. I have two 28s, a Browning Hells Canyon Speed that shoots extremely well and just bought a Fierce Carbon Fury ( haven't shot it yet, very nice rifle).

• Banned
OP
C
Also curious on what bullets you guys are shooting? I have 200 Berger 180s and planned on buying some 169 hammers.

Kylerjay05

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for any recommendations on a factory or semi custom 28 nosler. Preferably around the 2k range. I’ve been interested in the savage ultralight and a seekins ph2, but the current wait for seekins is about 6-9 months. Are the seekins worth the wait? I know Christensen makes them but I’m not interested in the Mesa featherweight barrel and I’ve heard the ridgelines are hit or miss
I have the stock savage ultralite with an American brake on it. Tack driving son of a gun. I handload, but it shot 162 gr eldx well. I just couldn't get myself comfortable enough to use that round on an elk. Deer, antelope, bear? No problem. I load accubonds and couldn't be happier

100 yards, dropped. Hit a rib and sent bone pieces all thru the insides. We were impressed. Was planning on a much longer shot but had this cow elk walk into our lap! Very big old dry cow. Still tastes great!

Bigdave

FNG
I built one recently, Bighorn Origin action, shilen select match savage prefit, Grayboe Terrain stock, Grayboe bottom metal, Elftman tactical trigger, CIP length magazine, and a microbastard brake.

Right around the 2K range. You could go a few different routes and bring the price down further.

Will be shooting it Sunday.

Dave

OP
C
I was thinking about building one on a origin action but can’t find one. Where did you pick up yours from? Do any savage prefits work?

Bigdave

FNG
Picked it up from Northland Shooter Supply.

Small shank Savage prefit, they sell the barrels also. Sub $400. He also had the headspace gauges in stock the last time I checked.

Attachments

• CCC42134-640E-4AEC-84C5-54207DCDB203.jpeg
    CCC42134-640E-4AEC-84C5-54207DCDB203.jpeg
    630.5 KB · Views: 20