270 150gr availability - Sig Elite opinion?

gburk

WKR
Son has a bull elk hunt this December and I want to set him up with a good 150gr bullet for his Remington 700, I'm limited to factory ammo at this point.

I am finding precious little that is actually available for sale in 150gr. One thing I do see is a fair amount of Sig Elite with 150gr Accubonds. Does anyone have any experience shooting Sig Elite? Is there a good reason why the hoarders haven't snapped it all up? If not I think i'm obliged to try it, given my limited options. There is also Nosler Trophy Grade with what appears to be a gratuitously high price tag, but I suppose that's an option too.

Other ideas?

TIA

Not that they’re the best bullets out there by any means but I’ve seen a lot of elk die to a 150gr core lokt. Same with PowerPoints. They have the BC of a boat anchor but they’ll kill whatever you shoot

As for the elite hunters, it sounds like they might be Sierra Tipped Game Kings

OP
gburk

gburk

WKR
I'm usually not so particular, but I want to maximize what could be a rare opportunity for a good bull, and he's been known to hit a shoulder in the past...

Here's what i was looking at

OP
gburk

gburk

WKR
Sig elite ammo with 150 gr accubonds on order… will see how it goes

OP
gburk

gburk

WKR
They grouped a heckuva lot better out of my son's rifle than did hornady precision hunter 150gr we also tried.
My son made a good shot from about 200yds and did not hit a shoulder blade, so maybe it proves nothing, but it worked out well.IMG_6135.jpgIMG_6140.jpg