243 for my Son

Aviator04

FNG
I am looking for recommendations on an accurate .243 with a threaded barrel for my son. I just sold a Remington Mohawk .243 which could have fit him perfectly, but I didn’t want to thread the barrel on it and ruin its originality. So far I have been looking at the Ruger American Predator, since it has a relatively shorter barrel that’s threaded but I wanted your input on if there are other great alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not knowing your sons age and physical build, I will pass on my experience with my granddaughter. She hunts with a 4-digit Remington 700 in .243 been using it since she was about 12 years old, Shes put a lot of deer on the ground. Saying that she is slight of build and a tall girl. The recoil has never bothered her.

OP
Aviator04

Aviator04

FNG
Thanks for the feedback so far. He’s still a few years shy from his first hunt, but I’m already planning. Recoil, I’m not worried about, since I mainly want it threaded in case I use it also as a predator gun to suppress it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Any concerns about Libs outlawing ARs in your state? Illinois just banned them cause ARs are scary but anyone who currently owns one would become a felon if they don’t register them. You can no longer buy one there.

To the Libs on this site, thank you for protecting us all from ARs with your votes.