‘23 AK Moose

AKDoc

WKR
Always nice to drop them on dry ground and close for transport...always!

I enjoy seeing the variation across different moose racks...the brow-tines on your bull are quite palmated.

Any story to share?

OP
kmagers

kmagers

FNG
Always nice to drop them on dry ground and close for transport...always!

I enjoy seeing the variation across different moose racks...the brow-tines on your bull are quite palmated.

Any story to share?
Not so much a cool story to share, last day of the season and doing a boat ride close to home. Had him down by 10am and then had him home by 5pm. Just a easy breezy fall sunny day.

OP
kmagers

kmagers

FNG
this area has nice palmated horns but smaller bodies. Only 53” wide.

Attachments

• IMG_5118.jpeg
    IMG_5118.jpeg
    700.9 KB · Views: 77

AKDoc

WKR
Not so much a cool story to share, last day of the season and doing a boat ride close to home. Had him down by 10am and then had him home by 5pm. Just a easy breezy fall sunny day.
Actually...that's a cool story to me...everything coming together just right. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AKjon

FNG
@kmagers, Nice moose! Not to derail your thread, but I've recently become really intrigued by the mini jets... do you mind sharing the specs on yours? length, powerplant, etc. I'm really curious about the payload capacity on these things. how many trips did it take you to get the moose out?

OP
kmagers

kmagers

FNG
@kmagers, Nice moose! Not to derail your thread, but I've recently become really intrigued by the mini jets... do you mind sharing the specs on yours? length, powerplant, etc. I'm really curious about the payload capacity on these things. how many trips did it take you to get the moose out?
Coincidentally, I’ve recently become a member and need a few more posts for personal messages…. It’s a 10’ jet stream with a Yamaha tr1 power plant. I put 80% of that moose in the boat with just me and no gear, and not much fuel remaining in the tanks. I barely got on step. I’ve got 38 gallons total of capacity with two fuel tanks. I wish I could share videos… they really are incredible.

OP
kmagers

kmagers

FNG

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 28

AKjon

FNG
That's awesome! I have been down the video rabbit hole on youtube, so I have seen them do some pretty amazing things. I just haven't seen anything ever showing them carrying a load. I know specs (and price) vary greatly depending on powerplant.
I think I'm sold, now I just have to research them to death and keep my eye open for one in my price range lol

OP
kmagers

kmagers

FNG
That's awesome! I have been down the video rabbit hole on youtube, so I have seen them do some pretty amazing things. I just haven't seen anything ever showing them carrying a load. I know specs (and price) vary greatly depending on powerplant.
I think I'm sold, now I just have to research them to death and keep my eye open for one in my price range lol
Common misconception is you need more power. Alot of guys run supercharged motors and spend a lot of money on mods but I save my weight for fuel and that Yamaha is super efficient. I’ve got some videos of this day with the Moses going through some log jams and beaver dams that is impressive.

OP
kmagers

kmagers

FNG
Only downside is I’m running a 144mm shaft so I’m limited to single row impellers for the most part. Impros does have a special impeller that fits the 144 and has dual row blades. Haven’t tried it yet.