224, 204 or 22Nosler

tuffcrk14

Lil-Rokslider
Killed three coyotes this weekend ranging from 240 yards to 100 yards with my 204 Ruger using 32 gr vmax bullets and it was an absolute laser beam. Out to 300 my drop is only 4”. 98% of my shots are going to be within that 50-250 yard mark. With that setup I hold hair and let’er rip. I am also very impressed with the 32 gr vmax bullets. Two didn’t move after they were shot and the other one ran 20 yards and piled up. The other perk is I’ve had to do zero stitching vs with my 22-250 where I felt like Betsy Ross from having to stitch so dang many coyotes up afterward. Berger bullets in the 35 and 40gr variety are amazing on paper and on fur too if you can reload. Seems like the 204 is right up your alley with the criteria you’re looking for. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m shopping around for a new coyote and bobcat rifle. I like my bolt guns and I understand that 22 Nosler and 224 Valkyrie are pretty much only available in AR platform, which is no big deal

Minimal fur damage is important to me and all shots will be about 250 yards or less, realistically more like 150 yards or less. For the time being I will be shooting factory ammo so please consider that when making your recommendations. Maybe down the road I will become a loader
I’m in a similar position. I have a rem700 action I’d like to turn into a coyote rig. Leaning towards 22-250. Seems to be decent ammo selection. I’d love a .204 for here in Missouri but I hunt KS as well and can get some long shot opportunities.