.223ai dies

Ac338

WKR
Looking at picking up some .223ai dies as I have a barrel being spun up right now. My thoughts were .223 Lee collet neck die, Redding FL die and whatever seating die I can find. Seems like Redding dies is all I can find for the AI. My question is would a body die be better than a full length die or just stick with the FL.Also the seating die I was looking at has a crimp ring. Am I correct in thinking I can set the die up to not crimp at all? Thanks ahead of time.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I'm using a set of plain old Lee .223AI dies. I use the collet most of the time but will full-length size about every 5th firing for piece of mind. My seater die is a Lee as well. It was all I could find years ago in stock. There are better out there but these have served me well...Low TIR numbers and the rifle shoots.

You are correct on the crimp ring. You don't need it.

OP
A

Ac338

WKR
I'm using a set of plain old Lee .223AI dies. I use the collet most of the time but will full-length size about every 5th firing for piece of mind. My seater die is a Lee as well. It was all I could find years ago in stock. There are better out there but these have served me well...Low TIR numbers and the rifle shoots.

You are correct on the crimp ring. You don't need it.
Awesome thank you, I saw a set of Lee .223ai dies and they’re very tempting at $40.

Wrench

WKR
I just use the parent case collet die in my ai rigs with great results.

wyosam

WKR
The Lee 223ai dies are great. Used just them for a long time, then came across a Redding competition seater so I grabbed it. Just for fun, I compared run out with a few different combos of dies, and the best I came up with in 223ai was the Lee collet neck sizer and the Lee seater. The fancy seater gains me nothing, other than a little less guesswork when changing seating depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk