22 BDC For Precision Rimfire

JW@TRACT

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
With the growing trend of precision rimfire shooting competitions, how many of you opt for a BDC scope on your .22s?

sndmn11

WKR
Maybe not for competitive type of shooting

but there is a lack of acog type reticles for 22s.

primary arms has one and its fun

If they are in short graduations that would work for a woods 22LR, or if one were shooting prairie dogs or something where 2" vertical is irrelevant. I reviewed Maven's CRS.2 here and it was last on a TCR22 (10/22 clone). It's MOA graduations were 5/10/20; I'd have kept it if they were as tight as could be achieved, even down to every 1 or 2 moa. It just didn't line up with anything.

@JW@TRACT I would buy a low factor magnification range parallax adjustable FFP .25 or .5 mil reticle scope purpose built for a 22LR. 2-7x would be ideal.

I'd so LOVE to test your 2-15 FFP hunting scope and share the results in the long range forum. I can have it returned in two weeks.

I'd so LOVE to test your 2-15 FFP hunting scope and share the results in the long range forum. I can have it returned in two weeks.
My money says there is no way they will do it. They know it won’t pass the drop tests…

sndmn11

WKR
My money says there is no way they will do it. They know it won’t pass the drop tests…
...but if it did, that would be probably be a wonderful thing for them.

My guess is that based on the listed weight being a few ounces heavier than some others that didn't quite make it, the addition might be brass internals instead of synthetic (GUESS!). It also has similar enough length, weight, look to others that have done well that it makes me wonder if they are made in the same place.

...but if it did, that would be probably be a wonderful thing for them.

My guess is that based on the listed weight being a few ounces heavier than some others that didn't quite make it, the addition might be brass internals instead of synthetic (GUESS!). It also has similar enough length, weight, look to others that have done well that it makes me wonder if they are made in the same place.
High risk high reward situation for them. When nightforce came out with that video of them freezing an NXS, shooting it with a shotgun, hammering a nail and then showing the scope hold zero, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. It would be cool for tract to drop their own scopes several times and show it holding zero.

sndmn11

WKR
High risk high reward situation for them. When nightforce came out with that video of them freezing an NXS, shooting it with a shotgun, hammering a nail and then showing the scope hold zero, I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. It would be cool for tract to drop their own scopes several times and show it holding zero.

Well, it'd be even better for third parties to do it. According to most every scope manufacturer, they "test" already, but that doesn't mean much when there isn't an industry standard for doing so. I'm a late thirties dude who exercises; I could come up with a fitness test that I kick butt in, and I could come up with one that I suck at.

However, someone could describe a fitness test to me, and since I exercise daily and have had a life full of fitness, I could tell them on the spot how I would do. Some of the companies I have reached out to who "test" their scopes, don't have any idea how it would fair when I send them links to protocol and video of past tests. In my fitness analogy, that tells me they don't exercise enough to know their body.