21 Oregon Antelope points

sdboyle73

FNG
I’m sitting on 21 antelope points in Oregon. I’m looking for some input on some units. Beaty’s Butte, Hart Mountain and Wagontire are what I’m thinking. Any info will be appreciated.

CC11

Lil-Rokslider
Personally I'd think you'd most likely have a great hunt on any of the top units. Any of them have the potential to produce a giant, just a matter of finding one. If it were me I'd go with Beaty's Butte.

Flyjunky

WKR
I’d look at Beaty’s Butte as well but we did real well in N. Warner 2 years ago.

JeffP_Or

WKR
I've hunted N Wagontire - I wouldn't consider it a 21 point unit [literally, it can be drawn for less]. I should add I spent the three months leading to the season scouting that unit and though I found animals everywhere, the concentrations are known well and easily accessed - come opening morning, after seeing nearly nobody while scouting or the two days prior to the opener, the area I was in was crawling and most all of the animals I was hoping to see again, were already dead.
Unless you have a real desire to spend time at Hart Mountain, I don't think that it is really worth the points these days if you are expecting the big bucks of years past.
Beaty's used to be split east and west but they combined back to a single unit [and increased the tags somehow]; there has been some issues with drought and the animals not migrating back across formerly populated regions within that area [and a few other units] - not sure if that was reason for the change. That said, this and a neighboring unit or two are my next focus.
Funny thing, Oregon has few standout Pronghorn units from what I can figure - each unit can produce good animals equally. Mostly depends on what you want to see and experience while chasing these fun critters. Regardless, it is a great hunt and you will enjoy it!

Last edited:

Hun10-freak

Lil-Rokslider
My wife drew warner #1 this year and it was pathetic compared to previous years. I heard Juniper was pretty good though.